- Rooms have tube TVs
- The Angel Porch Room's bathroom is not attached to the room
- Pricey room tax
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A residential spot in Silicon Valley's San Mateo area
San Mateo is part of the San Francisco Bay area, located just a 25-minute drive from San Francisco. A fresh water creek (now dried over) attracted its original residents to build luxurious summer homes in the 1800s. Unfortunately, many of the mansions from that era are either destroyed (like Hayward Park, the mansion of a banking millionaire, which burned down in the 1920s) or in disrepair (like Bank of America founder, A.P. Giannini's estate, Seven Oaks).
What attracted the rich and the famous, however -- nice summers and beautiful bay views -- still remains. Though the area doesn't have much to offer on its own, proximity to areas like San Francisco, Palo Alto, and a redwood park are a plus.
Coxhead House is located near El Camino Real, also known as California's Mission Trail, and about 10 blocks from Central Park, complete with tennis courts, a playground, a baseball field, and a Japanese Tea Garden.
- 15-minute drive to San Francisco International Airport
- 35-minute drive to the San Jose International Airport
- 3-minute drive to Central Park
- 3-minute drive to the San Mateo Performing Arts Center
- 9-minute drive to Poplar Creek Golf Course
- 9-minute drive to the College of San Mateo
- 10-minute drive to Coyote Point Park, home to CuriOdyssey -- a natural history museum and wildlife center
- 23-minute drive to Palo Alto
- 28-minute drive to San Francisco
- 33-minute drive to Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve
Rooms and Rates
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||37 East Santa Inez Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94401|