The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By HiltonDowntown, Washington, D.C., United States
Flights for this trip with Skyscanner.com
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
This value-focused hotel from the Hilton chain delivers both surprising style and the expected comforts of the brand, including freshly baked welcome cookies.
After a complete overhaul in March 2009, this popular 220-room outpost of the Doubletree brand offers the dependability of Hilton hospitality in a scaled down, contemporary, boutique-style property. The fitness and business centers both have new equipment, and each of the guest rooms now includes a large, 32-inch flat-screen TV (with close to 40 channels, including HBO), nice coffeemakers, and the brand's "Sweet Dreams" bedding (a light-weight down comforter, 300-thread-count sheets, and down pillows). And while the small bathrooms are still a little claustrophobic, they at least have fresh new towels and Neutrogena bath products.
As the hotel is a popular choice among business travelers -- the hotel's 7,000 square feet of meeting space is constantly buzzing with events and conferences throughout the week -- guests are often in the lobby utilizing the free Wi-Fi (since in-room Internet is $10 a day). But unlike other Doubletree Hotels, the onsite restaurant, 15ria (that's Rhode Island Avenue, for short), gets high ratings. The inventive new executive chef, Janis McClean, stepped in last year and added a few unusual dishes to the menu, like cocoa and chili-dusted strip steak ($26) and seared scallops with "forbidden rice and carrot sauce" ($25).
Overall, this hotel is an excellent choice for guests wishing to be in within walking distance of both the business district and the dining and nightlife of Dupont Circle. But families looking for a little something extra might also consider the nearby Courtyard by Marriott Embassy Row, which has an indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Or, for a more "authentic" boutique experience, the nearby Hotel Helix and Hotel Madera both offer extra large rooms and a free nightly wine reception.
In a residential neighborhood populated by townhouses and foreign embassies; four blocks from Dupoint Circle for restaurants and nightlife
The Doubletree Hotel is located on quiet Rhode Island Avenue, a safe distance away from high-rise business buildings of downtown (but still walking distance of them) and just beside the tony homes and smattering of embassies on Massachusetts Avenue. A short five-minute walk will put you at the center of Dupont Circle, a lovely neighborhood known for its iconic park and bustling restaurants and nightlife.
- 25 minutes by taxi (about $20) to the Reagan National Airport
- 30 minutes by taxi (about $35) to Dulles International Airport
- Union Station, D.C.'s major train station served by Amtrak and commuter rails, is less than 10 minutes away using the Metro mass-transit system (or $10 taxi ride).
- Closest Metro stop is Dupont Circle (Red Line), four blocks away from the hotel, which offers direct access to downtown D.C., the National Mall, the Smithsonian, Capitol Hill, and the zoo.
- Easy to catch a cab at the hotel; staffers can help
- Just five minutes by foot (four blocks) to the center of Dupont Circle for shops and restaurants
- 10 minutes by foot to the White House
- 15 minutes by foot to the National Mall
- Under 10 minutes by Metro to Capitol Hill
- About a $10 taxi ride to the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and other surrounding monuments on the western end of the National Mall
Customers Who Viewed The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton Also Viewed
Things You Should Know About The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton
Address1515 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20005-5504, United States
Also Known As
- Doubletree Hotel Washington DC
- Doubletree Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Doubletree
- 1 King Bed 2 Room(Ambassador) Suite
- Junior Suite
- Presidential Suite
- Standard Room