Sandals BarbadosSouthern Barbados, Barbados
- Walking distance to St. Lawrence Gap
- Located on a large beach with mid-size waves
- 3 outdoor pools, and a popular poolside bar
- A comfortable resort with extensive list of all-inclusives
- 3 restaurants and access to restaurants at the sister properties
- The newer “Oceanview Block” is adults-only (a con for some)
- All rooms come with coffeemakers, and balconies or terraces
- Free water sports, kids' club, fitness center, and tennis courts
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 34 Amenities
- 11 Beach
- 14 Garden Pool
- 104 One Bedroom Ocean View Suite
- 18 Pool
- 3 Restaurants and Bars
Oyster Hotel Review
A comfortable resort atmosphere with plenty of beach action
The Almond Casuarina has been well maintained over the years and has a not-too-big, not-too-small comfortable atmosphere. Off a quiet road along the south coast, the entrance leads to the open-air lobby, where a few shops are located. Depending on arrival time, check-in could take time, but staff will offer welcome rum punch and cold towels.
The resort boasts a garden atmosphere with mature trees and lush vegetation, and most buildings are linked by pathways through these gardens. Outside areas include three pools with lounge chairs, but the hub of the resort is near the main pool and beach area. This is where the restaurants and popular poolside bar are located, and it is the center of all the action and noise. Meanwhile, the kids' club, tennis courts, and fitness center, located near the entrance, stay relatively quiet.
A south coast resort on Dover Beach and walking distance to “The Gap”
The resort is centrally located on the south coast close to the airport. It is within walking distance to St. Lawrence Gap or “The Gap” -- a one-mile long area of restaurants, shops, and bars that suits all ages, and just a short drive to Oistins Fish Fry. A free shuttle transports guests to the other two Almond resorts -- a nice option for those who seek a change in restaurants and amenities.
- 16-minute drive to Grantley Adams International Airport
- 6-minute drive to Oistins Fish Fry
- 11-minute drive to Bridgetown
- 23-minute drive to Flower Forest Botanical Gardens
- 25-minute drive to Sandy Lane Country Club and golf courses
- 25-minute drive to Harrison’s Cave
- 27-minute drive to Holetown
- 30-minute drive to Royal Westmoreland Golf Course
- 33-minute drive to Soup Bowl surfing area
Six room categories come with beach, pool, or garden views
The resort has 289 rooms, varying in modernity, size and decor, but all come with balconies, Juliette balconies, or terraces overlooking the garden, pool, or ocean. The newer “Oceanview Block” rooms are adults-only and come in Superior Deluxe or One Bedroom Ocean View Suites, though the nightly entertainment can get loud for guests wanting an early night’s sleep. Some of the older units may show wear and tear, but maintenance is usually quick to respond to any problems.
All the amenities of a typical all-inclusive resort
- Welcome rum punch and cold towel upon arrival
- A beautiful beach area with lounge chairs
- Water sports center with free use of equipment
- Three outdoor pools and a popular poolside bar
- Nightly entertainment includes live music, shows and/or a piano bar
- The spa, across the road from the main property, offers massages, facials and body and bath treatments, waxings, hair and nail care
- A free shuttle to the other two Almond resorts for use of their restaurants and amenities
- Free shuttle to Bridgetown for shopping
- A full-service nursery is available for babies 23 months and under
- The Kids' Club has educational and physical activities designed for ages three to 12
- Shops and a convenience store in the lobby
- Tennis courts that are floodlit for evening play
- Nature tours through the resort’s gardens
- Wedding packages available
- View Full List of Amenities
Three restaurants and a shuttle to the sister properties for more options
All restaurants are in the same area of the resort, which can get busy at times. Menus change often, and room service is available for lunch and dinner. Guests have access to the restaurants at the other two resorts via a free shuttle (reservations required). There is a dress code for men in the evenings (collared shirts and no shorts).
- Waves is the main restaurant, serving buffet breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Dover Grill is a seafood restaurant with local favorites.
- Enid’s is festive Caribbean restaurant that is open only for dinner.
Customers Who Viewed Sandals Barbados Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Sandals Barbados
AddressSt Lawrence Gap SN, St. Lawrence Gap, Caribbean
Also Known As
- Almond Casuarina Beach Resort
- Deluxe Garden View Room
- One Bedroom Garden View Suite
- One Bedroom Ocean View Suite
- Standard Room
- Superior Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Superior Garden View Room