Chatham Gables InnChatham, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Charming rooms with hardwood floors and classic Cape Cod decor
- Free full breakfast served daily in the sunny garden room
- Some rooms with fireplaces and one with a private porch and rocking chairs
- Evening wine and cheese
- Cozy common spaces with plush chairs and fresh flowers
- Access to the nearby Chatham Health and Swim Club
- Historic inn restored in 2010 by attentive innkeepers
- No children under 10 years old (a con for some)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Open year-round
- Location is not on the waterfront
- Minimum stay requirements
- Some complaints of noise in this historic inn
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A relaxed and historic inn located in one of the Cape's most idyllic towns
The scene in Cape Cod is one of complete relaxation, and the Chatham Gables Inn fits in perfectly with this atmosphere. Built in 1839, this former Sea Captain's Manse has retained all of its architectural features for over 170 years. Renovations in 2010 brought modern conveniences and chic decor to a historic home. The charming hardwood floors and low ceilings (in some areas) remain, but there are modern touches including flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi, too.
Rooms look like they could be straight out of a home decor magazine, which makes sense given Nick's background as a TV set stylist with an eye for detail. Each comfortable room has its own color palate, and all are furnished with antique pieces that encourage guests to curl up with a good book and unwind. The helpful innkeepers offer advice on things to do, places to eat, and local activities for guests that prefer a more active vacation.
As in any great bed and breakfast, the heart of the scene is in the morning meal. Breakfast is served for two hours each morning in the garden room, and includes a variety of hot dishes made to order as well as pastries, fruit, and coffee. After breakfast, the relaxation can continue nearby at the beach, or the inn also offers exclusive access to the Chatham Health and Swim Club. The Chatham Gables Inn is away from most of the action, allowing guests to unwind in one of the Adirondack chairs on the back patio free of distractions.
In a quiet neighborhood walking distance to the beach and Main Street
The Chatham Gables Inn is located away from the main action of Chatham in a quiet neighborhood. While the inn doesn't have a waterfront location, it is walking distance to both the beach and Main Street. This area of Cape Cod is located two hours away from Logan International Airport in Boston, and having a car is essential both for getting to and exploring the Cape easily.
- 2-hour drive from Logan International Airport in Boston
- 10-minute walk or 2-minute drive to the Fish Pier and Chatham Harbor beaches
- 20-minute walk (1 mile) to Main Street, home to shops, galleries, and restaurants
- 35-minute drive to Wellfleet
- 1-hour drive to Provincetown
A total of just seven rooms, each with unique decor and color palates
Rooms at the Chatham Gables Inn are decorated in classic Cape Cod style with crisp white linens and bright color accents. All have antique furnishings and an individual look. While there are no mini-fridges in rooms due to limitations on construction in this 170-year-old inn, there is one refrigerator in the common room for guest use.
- Matouk bedding
- Pharmacopia bath products
- 28-inch or larger flat-screen TVs
- Free Wi-Fi
- Air conditioning
- Turndown service, upon request
- Private baths with stand-up showers
- Rooms 5 and 7 also have soaking tubs.
- Room 3 has a fireplace.
- Room 1 has its own patio with rocking chairs, fireplace, sitting area, and 32-inch flat-screen TV.
A historic inn with a delicious daily breakfast
Each day at the Chatham Gables Inn begins with a free breakfast in the sunny garden room. Breakfast is served for two hours and includes hot items made to order as well as homemade breads, pastries, fresh coffee, and juice. The patio area is a great spot to finish a cup of morning coffee while reading a newspaper in one of the Adirondack chairs.
- Free full daily breakfast served for two hours every morning
- Breakfast gallery displays local artwork for sale
- Access to the Chatham Health and Swim Club
- Free beach equipment
- Laundry and dry cleaning services available
Customers Who Viewed Chatham Gables Inn Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Decor and Design
Come on, you know it: We all have a secret soft spot for those kitschy red, white and blue decorations…