Element Las Vegas SummerlinSummerlin, Nevada, United States
- 20-minute drive from the Strip
- No hotel shuttle service to the Strip
- No Jacuzzi or poolside drink service
- No on-site casino or golf course
- No room service
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Close to a variety of golf courses and beautiful Red Rock Canyon, in a quiet suburb 20 minutes from the Strip.
The element Las Vegas Summerlin is located 20 minutes from the Strip in the suburban Las Vegas town of Summerlin, an upper-middle-class, largely residential, and relatively undeveloped community of only 28,000 people. The area is known for its large number of golf courses, and most are within a five- to 15-minute drive. The closest are Siena Golf Club to the south and Bear's Best Las Vegas to the west. Though far from much of the nightlife and entertainment, the element is a short drive from the Red Rock Casino and Restaurant and the Boca Park Shopping Center. Few restaurants are within walking distance, save for the well-reviewed Rachel's Kitchen and Hokkaido Teppanyaki Steakhouse (approximately 10 minutes). A quick drive to Boca Park will bring you to a wider selection of popular dining establishments.
Up until about a decade ago, the area surrounding Las Vegas's towering guest room buildings and miniature icons of Western civilization was just a whole bunch of red desert land. But the development of luxury resorts as distant as 40 minutes from the Strip has extended the area of Vegas fun minus the constant crowds. Never mind the suburban sprawl -- and in some cases a major beltway -- or the lack of in-hotel theater performances. Here, there's natural drama, like the gorgeous Red Rock Canyon. Often, gaming takes a backseat.
- 20-minute drive to the Las Vegas Strip ($40 taxi)
- Boca Park shopping center is a 15-minute drive away; retail outlets include Target, Williams-Sonoma, and several restaurants.
- Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa is a 10-minute drive.
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, and its 197,000 acres of hiking and biking trails through the Mojave Desert, is 20 minutes away.
- 25-minute drive to McCarran International Airport (about a $50 taxi ride, one way)
- No hotel shuttle to the Strip
- The 18-hole Angel Park golf course, designed by Arnold Palmer, is a 15-minute drive away; seven fine public courses at the J.W. Marriot are just a 10-minute drive.
- Free on-site parking
Smart, stylish, and eco-minded -- each contains recycling bins, fluorescent bulbs, and Energy Star appliances
- Deluxe rooms, the standard room type, start at a comfortbale 321 square feet and offer a king-size bed, a mini-fridge, microwave, and extra sink.
- Full kitchens available in the Studios (407 square feet with a one king or two queen beds), one-bedroom suites (448 square feet with a king-size bed and a queen-size sofa bed), and two-bedroom suites (769 square feet with two king-beds, a queen sofabed, and two bathrooms)
- Executive suites (542 square feet) include two flat-screen TVs, a meeting table with conference speakerphones, a basic, wooden desk, and a separate living space.
- Free Wi-Fi and wired Internet in all rooms
- 32-inch flat-screen TVs and DVD players in all room types
- Coffeemaker in all rooms
- Great bathrooms -- hand-held showerhead, natural bath products
- In-room safe, large enough for a laptop
- In-room recycling bins
- Excellent beds with 250-thread-count sheets
- No smoking rooms available
Customers Who Viewed Element Las Vegas Summerlin Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Arenas del Mar is proof that staying at an eco-resort doesn't mean roughing it: Its 38 contemporary rooms are among…
There are some hotels that are truly green all around -- those that have been certified by the prestigious Leadership…
Things You Should Know About Element Las Vegas Summerlin
Address10555 Discovery Dr., Las Vegas, Nevada 89135, United States
Also Known As
- Element by Westin Las Vegas Summerlin
- Element Las Vegas
- Deluxe Room
- Executive Suite
- One Bedroom Suite
- Studio Suite
- Two Bedroom Suite