Hotels in this story
The Tranquila Suite at La Tranquila; Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? According to singer Josh Groban, his dog Sweeney has a favorite hotel: The Ritz-Carlton San Francisco.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The most expensive treatment at Mango Bay in Barbados is a $7,000 facial that includes a face massage with gold flakes.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? An Irish billionaire owes The St. Regis Washington, D.C. $10 million after throwing a St. Patrick’s Day party at the hotel’s bar and leaving without paying the tab.
5. FACT OF FAKEOUT? Stock investor Marty Zweig is selling his three-floor penthouse at The Pierre hotel in New York for $120 million.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! The Tranquila Suite is 809 square feet, which includes a huge bathroom with a separate walk-in shower and jetted tub, and a terrace with ocean views and a private plunge pool; standard rooms at The Jane Hotel are 50 square feet.
2. FACT! Groban once said that the hotel always makes sure his pooch has a plush bed, two bowls of treats, and a gourmet menu available for him upon arrival.
3. FAKEOUT! The most expensive treatment is a facial, but it will only set you back $300 and doesn’t include a massage with gold flakes.
4. FAKEOUT! The man does owe the hotel $10 million, but the debt results from a personal guarantee he signed to help fund the purchase of the hotel that he now seems to be backing out on.
5. FACT! The investor bought the hotel residence in 1999 for $21.5 million, and has now put it on sale for nearly five times that. The penthouse features 16 rooms, a library and a private elevator.