Hotels in this story
The Penthouse at the Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa; Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Eva Longoria was recently spotted at Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa with an unidentified new beau, with whom she reportedly canoodled by the pool.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Ritz-Carlton Washington’s $100,000 Access Package for Inauguration 2013 includes two first-class, round-trip, domestic-flight tickets, a four-night stay in a suite, and special access to the Capitol and Library of Congress.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Taj Boston’s Fireplace Butler builds and starts a fire for guests — who get their choice of wood from a Wood Menu [Ed. note: We know, we know, insert “that’s what she said” pun here.] — in guests’ suites at no extra charge.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The InterContinental Miami has hired tennis player Anna Kournikova to redesign its two-story presidential suites, which feature striking views of Miami and Biscayne Bay.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo has introduced a program allowing guests to experience a tech-free vacation. Participating guests may leave their iPhones safely with the hotel and are given a free custom iPhone cover and a guide to 24 things they can do without technology at the resort.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! The actress and a couple of friends did stay at the resort — in the stunning 5,345-square-foot Penthouse Suite — but it was a girls’ getaway and there were no boys invited (that we know of).
2. FACT! And we left out the best parts: The package also includes a diamond-and-ruby pin designed by Ann Hand, an exclusive three-course dinner, and a behind-the-scenes private tour of some of the city’s most iconic sights.
3. FACT! The Fireplace Butler is offered seasonally at the Taj Boston. Other luxury hotels, including the Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado in Santa Fe, also have fireplace butlers on staff.
4. FAKEOUT! The hotel hired Venus Williams’s design company, V*Starr, not Kournikova. The 3,300-square-foot Presidential Suites each have a kitchen, a separate dining area, one bedroom and two bathrooms.
5. FACT! Guests can leave their phones in the safe deposit box for 24 hours or more, and can choose from four different custom iPhone covers.