- Located in the heart of downtown Denver, on the 16th Street pedestrian mall
- Spacious rooms, some with excellent views of the mountains or downtown Denver
- Year-round, heated rooftop pool
- A range of on-site restaurants, bars, and coffee spots
- Chic business center with Fed-Ex services and free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour fitness center with cardio and weight machines
- Multiple meeting rooms and conference spaces with audio/visual equipment
- Free mall shuttle plus several bus stops right outside the front door
- On-site gift shop
- Pet friendly
- Most rooms have generic, unsophisticated decor
- In-room Wi-Fi costs extra
- Breakfast buffet not included in room rates
- Parking is an extra per-day fee
- Rooms near the elevator get noise
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Upscale modern decor with enormous lobby and luxury details
Located along the 16th Street walking promenade in downtown Denver, the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel is a two-building high-rise with an enclosed walking bridge that runs between the two buildings. The hotel’s common areas are spacious with classy, modern decor and lots of natural light. The enormous lobby has standout details such as marble accents, high ceilings, pendant light chandeliers, carpeted seating areas, and massive front windows. This Sheraton is so large that the lobby contains an airport-like line for check-in and check-out, along with several sets of stairs and escalators. With lots of business amenities, dozens of meeting rooms, and spaces that can accommodate up to 3,000 people, the property is frequently filled with business guests attending conferences and conventions, but with easy access to Denver’s downtown, it gets plenty of out of town visitors, too.
On the 16th Street pedestrian mall with easy access to other Denver hotspots
With one entrance on the 16th Street, Denver’s popular pedestrian promenade, the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel is ideally located for guests who want to explore the city. Plenty of shops and restaurants are in walking distance from the hotel, but guests can also hop on the free Mallride shuttle that stops right outside of the Sheraton. The shuttle runs between the Union Station Transit Center and the Civic Center Station. A plethora of local buses also stop right next to the hotel, while it's a seven-minute walk to the 16th & California Station Metro Stop (D Line, F Line, H Line).
Other local hotspots can be accessed by foot, car, or local transportation:
- Eight-minute walk to Denver Art Museum
- Eight-minute walk to The Colorado Convention Center
- Six-minute drive or 10-minute subway ride to the Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Eight-minute drive or 20-minute bus ride to Pepsi Center, home of the Denver Nuggets
- 10-minute drive or 20-minute bus ride to Coors Field
- 10-minute drive or 30-minute bus ride to Sports Authority Field, home of the Denver Broncos
- 13-minute free shuttle ride to Larimer Square, a popular shopping area
- 45-minute drive or 1-hour airport shuttle and bus ride to the Denver International Airport
Not as elegant as the rest of the hotel, but with great views
Rooms at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel are more generic and less elegant than the rest of the hotel, though they're clean, spacious, and functional. With cream walls, brown patterned carpeting, plain white-sheeted bedding, and typical nature or flower photos adorning the walls, the only pop of color is red chairs and pillows. Bathrooms are similarly neutral with a long, dark wood vanity, tiled walls, and a bathtub/shower combination with a plain white shower curtain. Rooms contain the typical amenities such as a small desk and chair, a coffee station, a hairdryer, toiletries, and a flat-screen cable TV. Most rooms don't contain a mini-fridge, and in-room Wi-Fi is an extra fee.
A handful of rooms at the Sheraton reflect a higher level of sophistication -- the chic Chelsea Suite, for example, has wood floors, fresh white walls, and refined modern decor that offer the feel of a luxury apartment.
Guests looking for a view of the mountains or downtown should choose a room higher up in the tower building. And light sleepers should request a room slightly away from the elevator, which can get noisy with guests.
Rooms and Rates
A luxurious rooftop pool, a large 24-hour fitness center, a diversity of restaurants and bars, and lots of business services
For business guests, the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel offers the full-fare of amenities including 46 meeting rooms, large conference spaces that can hold up to 3,000 people, an on-site Penfield’s Business Center with shipping and Fed-Ex services, full wireless coverage from Verizon and Sprint, and high-end audio-visual equipment and services.
The Link@Sheraton is a stylish business center that can also be used by guests who want to take advantage of the free Wi-Fi (which costs extra in-room). With the feel of a sophisticated college library, the business center has wood floors, giant drum lights, spaces for informal meetings, and long tables with electrical outlets.
The 24-hour fitness center is spacious with a range of cardio machines, weight machines, and free-weights. The decor is neutral but modern with light wood floors, recessed lighting and towel stations throughout. The luxurious, heated rooftop pool is open all year and features streetlight-style lamps, giant lounge chairs, and open cabanas with platform beds and red curtains.
The hotel also has a range of on-site restaurants and bars, many of which are also part of the 16th Street Mall. There's a chic luxury bar or the more casual Irish pub, a daily breakfast buffet (which costs extra) or grab-and-go at Peet’s Coffee. Other options include the Yard House with classic American food (think burgers and steak) or Zoup!, which offers homemade soup. An on-site gift shop sells snacks, souvenirs, and a few travelers' essentials.
Those who upgrade their stay to Sheraton Club also get access to a private lounge and special amenities, including freebies like snacks, Starbucks coffee, Wi-Fi, and breakfast.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||1550 Court Place, Denver, Colorado 80202, United States|