- Spacious guest rooms featuring the Westin's signature Heavenly Beds and flat-screen TVs
- Heated indoor/outdoor pool with sundeck and lovely views of Downtown Denver and the Rockies
- The Palm restaurant on-site, as well as a coffee kiosk, lobby lounge, and a casual breakfast eatery
- Impressive fitness center with a half-basketball court
- 32,000 square feet of meeting space, including a grand ballroom and 200-seat auditorium
- 24-hour room service and front desk; concierge on duty throughout the day
- Unwind Hour held nightly, features Colorado microbrews and free spa amenities in the hotel lounge
- Free Wi-Fi for Starwood members (free to join)
- Pet-friendly and eco-friendly
- Pricey valet parking
- No on-site spa (unlike Hyatt Regency Denver)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
The convenient Central Business District location and extensive amenities attracts both business and leisure travelers.
Like most Westins, this hotel is well-suited for business travelers, with a convenient location in the Central Business District 32,000 square feet of meeting space, and a Palm restaurant on-site. But the Westin also is a solid choice for leisure travelers, as the location is within walking distance of most of Denver's tourist sights, including the adjacent 16th Street Pedestrian Mall, the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, and the city's many microbreweries.
The decor is contemporary and stylish (if a bit generic), featuring streamlined dark wood furniture and neutral tones. The well-equipped fitness center -- complete with an indoor/outdoor pool with excellent views of the city and mountains -- and nightly Unwind Hour are highlights.
The hotel has implemented a number of green initiatives, including energy and water conservation, waste minimization, and green housekeeping.
In downtown Denver, within walking distance of the Colorado Convention Center and the popular 16th Street Pedestrian Mall
The Westin Denver Downtown is located in Denver's Central Business District, within walking distance of many major attractions. The 16th Street Pedestrian Mall and the Colorado Convention Center are both a short walk away. Other frequented downtown attractions include the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, the State Capitol Building, Coors Field, and Denver's renowned microbreweries.
- 30-minute taxi or shuttle from the Denver International Airport
- 6-minute walk to the Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- 2-minute walk to the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall
- 11-minute walk to the Colorado Convention Center
- 18-minute walk to the U.S. Denver Mint
- 9-minute walk to the closest microbrewery, Wynkoop Brewery
- 20-minute drive to the Denver State Capitol
- 22-minute drive to Elitch Gardens Amusement Park, Denver Aquarium, and Pepsi Center
- 1-hour drive to closest ski area, Loveland Ski Area
- 1.5-hour drive to Estes Park, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park
Rooms are spacious, contemporary, and predictable
Rooms at the Westin Denver Downtown come with the brand's signature Heavenly Beds, flat-screen TVs, and well-stocked minibars. Decor is typical for a Westin: a neutral color palette, dark wood furniture, and contemporary art on the walls. They are simple and stylish, with clean lines and nice touches such as large windows and window seats.
- Westin's Heavenly Beds (as well as Heavenly Showers and, upon request, Heavenly Cribs)
- WestinWORKOUT Rooms available
- Flat-screen TVs with premium cable channels and pay-per-view movies
- Well-stocked minibars
- Coffee and tea makers
- 24-Hour room service
Rooms and Rates
Indoor and outdoor pool, in-room spa treatments, and on-site restaurant
There are two heated pools at the hotel, one indoors and one outdoors. The outside deck is lined with lounge chairs and boasts views of Denver. The pools are part of the hotel's impressive fitness center, which features state-of-the-art machines, Pilates equipment and DVDs, a half-basketball court, and Runner's World Maps. There is no actual spa on-site, but guests can schedule in-room treatments or have the hotel provide free transportation to a nearby spa. (The Westin has also been known to provide a credit to affiliated spas).
The Westin has a few dining options available. Augusta Restaurant is open for breakfast and serves both a buffet and a la carte meals. The Palm is a steakhouse, a branch of the New York eatery, open for lunch and dinner during the week and dinner on the weekends. There's also a lobby and pool bar and the Ingredients Coffee Kiosk has snacks and drinks.
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||1672 Lawrence St., Denver, Colorado 80202, United States|