- Central location in bustling Causeway Bay
- Stylish guest rooms with contemporary furniture
- Amenities include flat-screen TVs, docking stations, and smartphones
- Some rooms have stunning views of Happy Valley racecourse or the city
- On-site Chinese restaurant open for lunch and dinner
- Airport-shuttle service available (for a fee)
- Free Wi-Fi available throughout
- Two iMacs available for guests' use
- No breakfast service
- Guests have complained about mildew in the showers
- Some rooms look into nearby buildings
Located in the lively Causeway Bay area, the upper-middle-range Butterfly on Morrison offers a stylish vibe, modern guest rooms with contemporary furniture, and views of Happy Valley Racecourse as its highlights. The property is just a few minutes' walk to Causeway Bay MTR subway station, and there's a bus stop outside the door. The 98 rooms are stylish, with contemporary decor, modern bathrooms, and useful gadgets like multimedia docks, flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and smartphones that include free local calls and 3G data. Room rates are competitive, but for only slightly higher rates, Hotel Jen Hong Kong has a rooftop pool and a 24-hour fitness center.
Oyster Hotel Review
Butterfly On Morrison
Minimalist interiors with a stylish, modern vibe
Butterfly on Morrison occupies a multi-story, glass-face building next to an unattractive residential block on a busy Hong Kong street. Thanks to the large floor-to-ceiling windows and high ceilings, the spacious lobby area is particularly bright and welcoming, while its minimalist interior decor conveys a stylish, modern vibe. The cream-colored walls and ceilings and beige-tile floors create a neutral color palette that's punctuated by a few colorful pieces of furniture, such as the bright lime green contemporary-style armchairs and purple sofas. Modern floor lamps provide soft lighting. The Butterfly on Morrison draws mostly tourists, mainly couples, but business travelers find their way here too.
In the busy Causeway Bay neighborhood
Butterfly on Morrison is located in Hong Kong's busy Causeway Bay neighborhood, an area filled with a lot of businesses, high-end shops, restaurants, and bars. This is also an area that gets a lot of traffic, but the hotel is conveniently located within a few minutes' walk of the Causeway Bay MTR station, and there's a bus stop right outside the hotel.
- Six-minute walk to Causeway Bay MTR subway station
- 10-minute walk to Times Square
- 10-minute walk to Happy Valley Racecourse
- 13-minute walk to Lan Kwai Fong nightlife district
- Eight-minute drive to Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Nine-minute drive to Victoria Park
- 11-minute drive to Soho restaurant and entertainment district
- 15-minute drive to the Peak
- 18-minute drive to Jade Market
- 12 minute-drive to Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal by public transit
- 28-minute drive to Hong Kong Disneyland
- 38-minute drive to Hong Kong International Airport
Clean, modern guest rooms, some with city views
The 98 rooms at Butterfly on Morrison are spacious and bright, with large floor-to-ceiling windows letting in plenty of sunlight. The decor is modern and stylish, with simple, contrasting brown-and-white tones: dark-brown carpeting, and crisp white linens. Walls are either painted a neutral white or paneled in pale-colored wood. Some furnishings, like the contemporary-style sofas and decorative wall panels, are covered in black-white-and-green-striped fabrics. Bathrooms are ultra-modern, featuring circular or rectangular vessel sinks, and spacious walk-in showers with rainwater showerheads. All rooms come with flat-screen TVs, safes, coffee- and tea-making facilities, and Superior Rooms add mini-fridges. Amenities go for tech, with multimedia docking stations and smartphones pre-loaded with a city guide, free local calls, and 3G data. Some of the rooms have scenic city views, and even 180-degree vistas overlooking Happy Valley Racecourse. Others have less inspiring “too close for comfort” views of nearby residential blocks. Guests have complained about poor soundproofing, mildew in the showers, and a limited number of electrical plugs.
On-site restaurant, airport shuttle, and free Wi-Fi
Unlike other Butterfly hotels, Butterfly on Madison has a restaurant, which serves a menu of Cantonese dishes for lunch and dinner. Breakfast, however, is not available at the hotel, but guests have many cafes and restaurants to choose from in the immediate area. An airport shuttle service is available for an extra fee, and runs regularly throughout the day. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel, and there are also two iMacs available in the reception area for guests' use. The 24-hour front desk will assist guests with transportation and tours, and handy gadgets like selfie sticks, portable phone chargers, and cameras are available to rent.
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.