- Spacious rooms with modern decor and comfortable beds
- Attractive bathrooms with robes and Temple Spa toiletries
- Central location near all major attractions
- Wall art featuring Central St. Martin's students adds an alternative touch to this chain hotel
- Two on-site restaurants
- Free Wi-Fi
- Some rooms do not have windows that open
- Complaints of spotty Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Panoramas
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
An odd mix of modern and traditional style elements seemingly meant to attract both tourists and business travelers
This moderate-size chain hotel is a slightly confusing mix of traditional and edgy. It caters mostly to business guests on account of its location, and the glassy, sky-high central elevator halls in the main lobby evokes financial institutions worldwide. But a rebranding scheme seems to aim at attracting a younger, more hip tourist crowd, made evident by the stylish contemporary decor with metal sculptures with light elements and silver tufted ottomans. It's well suited to stylish business travelers as well as tourists who don't mind the corporate locale.
Just opposite Blackfriars station, on the west border of London's financial district where everything is closed during nights and weekends, but within easy reach of all major tourist attractions and local scenes
A casual stroll down New Bridge Street will tell you all you need to know about the area -- London’s financial district (dubbed "the City" by Londoners) caters almost strictly to businessmen and businesswomen, which means that, rather unfortunately, the immediate area doesn't host the greatest dining scene or nightlife. Within a short walk, however, you're right on the lovely river Thames and within easy reach of many of London's best cultural and art hubs, including the Tate Modern, the South Bank, and the British Film Institute.
The Blackfairs tube rail station across the street reopened after several months of construction, making commutes back to the hotel much easier. The Plaza is also within walking distance of several other stations.
- 37-minute drive to Heathrow Airport
- 2-minute walk to the river Thames
- 10-minute walk to St. Paul’s cathedral
- 10-minute walk to the Tate Modern
- 15-minute walk to the South Bank
- 15-minute walk to the West end theatre district
- 15-minute tube ride to London Bridge
- 15-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey and Big Ben
- 16-minute tube ride to Soho
- 18-minute tube ride to West end shopping district
- 20-minute tube ride to Tower Bridge
- 22-minute tube ride to Trafalgar Square
- 23-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
Moderately sized with individualistic touches deviating from chain standards
Room decor features a distinctive touch, with quilted leather headboards, a youthful color scheme, and conceptual wall pieces by Central St. Martins' star students -- although some feature dull views and windows that don't open. Bathrooms are modern and upscale, but perhaps a bit bland in comparison.
- Modern glass-door shower/tub combos
- Flat-screen TVs and CD players
- Coffeemakers and minibars
- Free Wi-Fi
- Egyptian cotton sheets and terry cloth bathrobes
- Request a room in the Quiet Zone if you are sensitive to noise
- Sleep Advantage rooms include a spot in the Quiet Zone, an upgraded bed, aromatherapy products, and a wake-up call
- Upgrade to the Club Room for a Bose iPod dock, free breakfast, dinner snacks, drinks, morning newspaper, turndown service, and meeting rooms access
Rooms and Rates
City lounge and Club lounge, a handful of meeting rooms, and a fitness center with a sauna
- Three different meeting rooms and an events space for business guests and conferences or weddings
- Modest fitness center with a small sauna
- Cozy exclusive Club Lounge
- View Full List of Amenities
A rustic Italian restaurant and modern Sichuan & dim sum
- Diciannove serves traditional, regional Italian dishes; open for lunch and dinner.
- Chinese Cricket Club offers mouth-watering ranges of Sichuan and Dim Sum specialties served with a contemporary twist, for lunch and dinner.
- City Lounge serves casual fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and has a cigar menu.
- Voltaire is a full bar serving cocktails, champagne, and more.
- The Club Lounge offers free drinks and canapes throughout the day exclusively for guests staying on the Crowne Plaza Club floor.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||19 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6DB, United Kingdom|
|Phone||44 (871) 942-9190|