- Beautiful views of Hyde Park from some rooms
- Eco-friendly hotel with rooftop beehives
- Built-in international sockets in all rooms and suites
- Delicious Thai cuisine at acclaimed Nipa restaurant
- Excellent location adjacent to Hyde Park in the West End
- Wide range of event spaces can accommodate up to 3,000 people
- Well-equipped fitness center
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet is somewhat unreliable
- Plain decor and furnishings in rooms
- No pool or spa
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Staid furnishings and massive size make for a somewhat corporate feel
This upscale hotel caters to a large number of business guests, as it is fully equipped for conferences. The property features a mix of flexible event spaces that can accommodate up to 3,000 people and a host of high-tech amenities, ranging from state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment in the meeting rooms to built-in international sockets in all guest rooms and suites.
Even the hotel's understated, traditional decor has somewhat of a staid feel to it that seems suited for business functions. In the lobby, a giant Persian rug is paired with wood-paneled walls; guest rooms feature a neutral color palette and basic oak furnishings.
Practically on top of Lancaster Gate station, just on the north border of Hyde Park in the popular West End
The hotel is located in the popular West End, right in Lancaster Gate and just on the north border of Hyde Park. While the hotel's Lancaster Gate location doesn’t offer much in terms of shopping or nightlife, being in the West End means that you won’t have to go far to find great spots for either. Some of London's wealthier residents live in the affluent Lancaster Gate area, which borders Hyde Park. Encompassing 350 acres, Hyde Park is one of London's largest green spaces and home to the sizable Serpentine lake, which features rowboats and pedal boats during the warmer months.
London, considered one of the world's most vibrant and multicultural cities, also happens to carry a reputation for being rainy, and a public-transit rider's nightmare. But like most of the greats, this city's best qualities lie in its history, culture, and activities.
- 30-minute cab ride to Heathrow Airport
- 1-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 14-minute walk to Kensington Gardens
- 6-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Market
- 7-minute tube ride to West End shopping district, including Selfridges department store
- 17-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 19-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus and theatre district
- 20-minute tube ride to South Kensington station and the Natural History Museum and Victoria and Albert Museum
- 21-minute tube ride to Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern, and the Southbank
- 21-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
- 22-minute tube ride to Sloane Square shopping district and Saatchi Art Gallery
- 24-minute bus ride to Hyde Park Corner and Buckingham Palace
- 27-minute tube ride to Knightsbridge shopping district, including Harrods department store
Comfortable but a little generic, with understated decor and great views of Hyde Park and London
Rooms and suites feature neutral tones and understated furnishings that create a pleasant, yet somewhat staid, atmosphere. High-tech amenities include flat-screen TVs with premium channels and built-in international sockets. The bathrooms feature luxe touches, such as marble tiles and LLK toiletries. Wi-Fi is free but can be spotty.
- Built-in international sockets
- Executive rooms are located on the top floors of the hotel and have beautiful views over Hyde Park and London, sizable seating areas, separate dressing areas, and bathrooms with bidets.
- Upgrading to a Hyde Park Suite gets you either a view over Hyde Park or the city, and high-tech features such as a pop-up TV cabinet and a window between the bathroom and bedroom that frosts with the flick of a switch.
- The Presidential Suite has a separate living room with dining area, separate bedroom, tons of floor space, and great views of the Italian gardens in Hyde Park.
Rooms and Rates
Versatile selection of meeting rooms, fitness center, and rooftop beehives
- Flexible meeting spaces have the ability to accommodate a range of events, from small business meetings to large receptions for up to 3,000 people.
- Rooftop beehives provide fresh, locally sourced honey for afternoon teas served in the Lounge Bar.
- Fitness center with cardio and strength training machines, and free weights.
- No pool or spa
- View Full List of Amenities
An acclaimed Thai restaurant and an informal European cafe
- Nipa is one of only 15 Thai restaurants in the U.K. to have received a Thai Select award from the Thai Government. A team of chefs serve up authentic Thai cuisine that combines hot spices with mild and sweet flavors, and the ornate dining room features carved teak interiors and artifacts from Thailand.
- Island Grill offers a modern European selection featuring seasonal menus and eco-friendly, edible table decorations.
- Lounge Bar serves up traditional afternoon teas that include honey from the hotel's rooftop beehives.
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||Lancaster Terrace, London W2 2TY, United Kingdom|
|Phone||440 (207) 262-6737|