- Elegant, Victorian-era hotel overlooking Hyde Park
- Preserved period details including beautiful sculpted ceilings
- Traditional decor with chandeliers and hanging portraits
- Comfortable rooms with flat-screen TVs and big bathrooms
- Some rooms have great views of Hyde Park
- On-site restaurant, lounge, bar, and cozy writing room
- Convenient location near Notting Hill Gate and transport
- Good value
- No free Wi-Fi or minibar
- Some rooms are on the small side
- Fee for using hotel parking lot
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Relaxed scene amongst beautiful period architecture
The Thistle Hyde Park is part of the Thistle chain of hotels. This Hyde Park branch retains its beautiful period architecture dating back to the Victorian era. An elegant exterior includes white columns and intricate stonework while the interior spaces have beautiful sculpted ceilings and high arches. The hotel has a reputation for its quiet and relaxing scene, which extends from the restaurant to the lounge to the writing room.
Near transport on the north border of Hyde Park
The Thistle Hyde Park is located in the popular West End on the northern border of Hyde Park. Part of the appeal of the location is easy access to transport. The Lancaster Gate station is a 6-minute walk from the hotel. While Lancaster Gate doesn't offer much in terms of shopping or nightlife, there is plenty of choice nearby in the West End.
- 1-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 5-minute walk to Kensington Gardens
- 9-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Market
- 10-minute tube ride to West End shopping district including Selfridge’s
- 16-minute bus ride to Hyde Park Corner and Buckingham Palace
- 17-minute tube ride to South Kensington station, the Natural History Museum, and the Victoria and Albert Museum
- 19-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 20-minute tube ride to Sloane Square shopping district and Saatchi Art Gallery
- 21-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
- 22-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus and theater district
- 23-minute tube ride to Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern, and the Southbank
- 29-minute tube ride to Knightsbridge shopping district including Harrods
Comfortable and classic, in a palette of golds and browns
The rooms at Thistle Hyde Park are comfortable and classic with mini-fridges and flat-screen TVs. Some rooms have beautiful views overlooking Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens while all have big bathrooms and electric kettles. With high ceilings and period details, the rooms reflect the historic character of the building.
- Some reports of worn furnishings and slow hot water
- Rooms have electric kettles and mini-fridges, but no minibars.
- Deluxe Rooms offer good space and some overlook Hyde Park.
- Junior suites have a partitioned living area and sleeping area; some overlook the park.
- Suites have a separate living room and have either an art deco or traditional country theme.
Rooms and Rates
A casual bar and a handful of cozy meeting rooms
The Thistle Hyde Park has a central location and offers good value, but isn't packed with features. A comfortable restaurant, bar, and lounge are all located on-site. One highlight is the writing room, with its rich red walls and plush furniture. There are also a handful of cozy meeting rooms (one with luxurious oak paneling and a geometric skylight feature).
Modern British and European cuisine
Whites Restaurant is located on the ground floor. Modern British and European cuisine is served under sculpted ceilings and crystal chandeliers.
- Restaurant features an extensive cellar of classic and New World wines
- Bar and lounge also on-site
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||90 - 92 Lancaster Gate, London W2 3NR, United Kingdom|
|Phone||44 (845) 305-8322|