- Central, convenient location in Mayfair near transport
- Decor is a mix of classic and contemporary with plush linens
- Rooms have flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and Nespresso machines
- Sweeping views over London's rooftops from the higher floors
- Restaurant, Petrichor, serves seasonal British fare
- Cozy lobby bar and lounge with classic afternoon tea
- Reasonable room rates and location near shopping and theater
- Free Wi-Fi
- No on-site spa or fitness facilities
Oyster Hotel Panoramas
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Warm lighting and cozy common spaces
The Cavendish London is a tasteful, elegant hotel with a commitment to sustainability. The hotel has won multiple Green Tourism Awards and the restaurant serves seasonal British fare. The lobby, lounge, and bar are all cozy spaces that utilize contemporary colors and patterns in the decor. The hotel is home to several meeting spaces, resulting in a scene that is sometimes filled with people doing business.
Close to transport at the junction of Mayfair and Piccadilly
The Cavendish London is located a five-minute walk from both the Green Park and Piccadilly tube stations. At the junction of Mayfair and Piccadilly, this hotel is close to shopping, theaters, and art galleries. Mayfair is a quiet, upscale district with a posh reputation. Piccadilly Circus is a more bustling neighborhood with street performers and bigger crowds. This hotel is convenient for exploring central London on foot or utilizing the quick and easy underground to reach different neighborhoods and attractions.
- 5-minute walk to Green Park, one of the Queen’s royal parks
- 5-minute walk to Piccadilly Circus and local theaters
- 10-minute walk to West End shopping districts
- 12-minute walk to Buckingham Palace
- 12-minute walk to London ICA
- 15-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 15-minute walk to Trafalgar Square
- 10-minute tube ride to Knightsbridge station and Knightsbridge shopping district, including Harrods
- 12-minute tube ride to Baker Street station and Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum
- 15-minute tube ride to Westminster station and Westminster Abbey and Big Ben
- 15-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
- 18-minute tube ride to Tottenham Court Road Station and Soho
Elegant comfort with contemporary colors
Rooms at the Cavendish London blend classic furnishings with contemporary pops of color. Beds have plush linens and rooms feature a mix of fabrics, including everything from leather to velvet. All rooms have iPod docks, bedside in-house filtered water, electric kettles, minibars, and flat-screen TVs. Bathrooms are generously sized; some rooms have separate tubs and showers.
- Executive Rooms are spacious, and have separate bathtubs and walk-in showers, as well as Nespresso machines.
- Junior Suites are spacious, with an open plan living and sleeping area.
- Penthouse Suites on the 15th floor are huge and have excellent views.
Rooms and Rates
Not much in the way of amenities -- just a business center and meeting spaces, but no fitness center or spa
The Cavendish London is known for its reasonable rates and central location more than its features.
- No on-site fitness facility (although discounts are available for a nearby gym)
- Business center
- Several meeting spaces
- View full list of amenities
Restaurant serving seasonal British fare
The elegant Cavendish London has appealing dining options. The restaurant, Petrichor -- named after the term that signifies the scent of fresh rain on dry earth -- serves contemporary British cuisine from seasonal menus with a commitment to supporting local farmers.
- Cozy lobby bar and lounge for afternoon tea
- Contemporary restaurant with seasonal menu
- Excellent breakfast (not included in the room rate)
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||81 Jermyn St, St. James's, London SW1Y 6JF, United Kingdom|
|Phone||440 (207) 930-2111|