- Located across from Hermosa Beach
- The Strand, a paved pedestrian boardwalk, runs next to the hotel
- Walking distance to restaurants and shops
- Most rooms have ocean views (about 75 percent)
- Free continental breakfast and free Wi-Fi
- Rooms have kitchenettes (mini-fridges, microwaves, two-top stoves)
- Every room has either a balcony or a patio with Adirondack chairs
- Gym and indoor whirlpool on-site
- Massages and facials available in rooms
- Plush bedding, towels, and robes
- Room service is available during certain times
- Rooms book fast during the tourist season
- Can be noisy at night because of proximity to The Strand
- Privacy is limited in rooms on the ground floor
- No frequent guest or rewards programs available
- Fee for parking (valet and self-parking)
- Some rooms overlook a parking garage
- No on-site restaurant for lunch and dinner
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Cozy boutique hotel, with beach-chic decor and a warm, inviting vibe
An upscale, boutique property, The Beach House offers a comfortable and inviting vibe in true California style. The lobby has a tall, granite fireplace in the center of the room and its surrounded by a cozy seating area. The room is lit by a large, hanging globe light with cascading layers that dangle from a soaring ceiling. With the check-in desk located off to the side, the area feels more like a living room than a lobby. Decor throughout the hotel and common areas are similar to the lobby: sandy beige walls, white crown molding, and beachy-chic decor. Because of its close proximity to the beach and nightlife -- plus its suite-style rooms with kitchenettes -- rooms in this hotel tend to book fast during tourist season. And rates can soar. Most guests say oceanfront rooms on the second or third floors are worth the splurge.
Across from Hermosa Beach's The Strand and close to all the action
The Beach House is located along The Strand, a busy, 26-mile paved promenade that runs parallel to Hermosa Beach. The hotel is not only walking distance to the ocean (across The Strand), it's nearby to restaurants, shops and nightlife venues -- like the Comedy & Magic Club, where Jay Leno is known to make an appearance. Located directly in front of the hotel, there are beach volleyball nets, jet-ski rentals, and beach yoga classes. Hermosa Cyclery, offering bicycle and in-line skating rentals, is located less than a block from the hotel.
Luxury rooms with kitchenettes, balconies, and views of the Pacific Ocean
The best rooms, located on either the second or third floor, offer stunning ocean views and have more privacy than rooms on the ground floor. Each room has a kitchenette with a microwave, mini-fridge, and two-top stove, as well as a comfy sitting area with flat-screen TV, desk, and a fireplace with a granite frame and a white wood mantle. Bathrooms have a standing shower and separate bathtub with free Aveda travel-size toiletries, plus a whimsical rubber duck. Plush white robes are available for guest use. Balconies have white Adirondack beach chairs and a small table. Nearly 75 percent of the rooms have partial or full ocean views. The others face a parking garage.
Rooms and Rates
Free oceanside breakfast, free beach chairs, and free Wi-Fi
The best assets of The Beach House are its proximity to the beach and its panoramic ocean views. The hotel provides free beach chairs, towels and toys for the kids. There is free Wi-Fi. A free continental breakfast (juice, coffee, fruit and pastries) is served each morning on the ground floor and guests can dine inside or on the outside patio with a view of the ocean. While there isn't a full restaurant on the property, the hotel does offer room service during limited hours. Catering is available for groups or meetings. Other perks include a gym with an indoor hot tub and in-room massages and spa treatments are available for purchase. Valet parking, self-parking, dry cleaning, and child care services are all available for a fee.
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||1300 The Strand, Hermosa Beach, California 90254, United States|