Travel Guide of San Jose del Cabo, Los Cabos for: Cabo Azul ResortSan Jose del Cabo, Los Cabos, Baja California
San Jose del Cabo Summary
- Historic and cultural, much more so than other areas of Los Cabos
- Very appealing to the eye, and romantic
- Decent cafes and authentic Mexican food
- Becoming increasingly sophisticated while still maintaining its authentic Mexican flavor
- Close to the airport
- Cute small inns, as opposed to the large-scale resorts along The Corridor
- Lack of nightlife in Cabo San Lucas
- Not as many restaurant/entertainment options as Cabo San Lucas
- Beaches have strong undertows
What It's Like
Lined with pastel-painted homes and blossoming trees, the narrow streets of San Jose del Cabo stand out from the rest of Los Cabos, which can sometimes feel a bit Americanized and touristy. San Jose del Cabo still maintains a good bit of its original Mexican style.
Where to Stay
The northeastern neighborhoods are authentic, but still nice and safe for tourists. Towards the southeastern corner of town, travelers will find the lush, ritzier areas, which is where most of the high-end resorts in the area are located. Those that want to the easiest access to Cabo San Lucas and The Corridor may want to opt for a hotel bordering the Transpeninsular Highway (Highway 1), which will take you straight through The Corridor into Cabo San Lucas.