Hotel CincoPunta Mita, Riviera Nayarit, Pacific Coast
Flights for this trip with Skyscanner.com
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 6 Amenities
- 7 Beach
- 79 Beach Club Suite
- 100 Deluxe Beach Club Suite
- 19 Main Pool
- 67 Restaurants and Bars
Oyster Hotel Review
A luxury boutique right on the beach in scruffy Anclote
The back story on Punta Mita: A few decades back the powers-that-be chased a village of fishermen off the point at Punta Mita, fenced it off, and turned it into a luxe enclave, now home to upscale hotels, homes, and two of the best golf courses in Mexico (and one of the best surfing waves). The villagers moved down the road a mile or so, into a new location they called Anclote (anchor). Until a few years ago, inside the fence was posh, outside -- not so posh. But eventually everybody woke up and realized that the beach is the same on both sides of the fence. And so development of all sorts hit scruffy little Anclote. Perhaps the finest Anclote development is the Hotel Cinco, a four-story, 12-suite boutique hotel sitting atop its own gourmet restaurant, which offers what is by far the best and most sophisticated menu on Anclote's beachfront restaurant row.
Not that this is a fancy line-up, this restaurant "row" --aside from the Café des Artistes, it's just a bunch of seafood joints under palapas, all sharing the same wonderful views of Bahia Banderas and the Marietta Islands. However, with all the water sports you can imagine available, including surfboards for rent, surfing lessons on some of the most user-friendly surfing waves in Mexico, and the great snorkeling around the Mariettas Islands Marine Preserve (15 minutes away by boat), fancy doesn't really matter: The ocean is the highlight here. And if you like greens better than blues, a pair of first-rate, Jack Nicklaus-designed golf courses -- one of which has been ranked among the best in the world -- are five minutes away, on the other side of the fence.
Anclote is not your typically picturesque Mexican town. The beachfront restaurants and the water activities are pretty much all there is, for visitors, unless you head through the security gates to play a round of golf or dine at one of the restaurants on the grounds of the upscale hotels inside the enclave.
Punta Mita, historically known as Punta de Mita, is at the northwestern point of the deep, horseshoe-shaped bay called Bahia Banderas, on Mexico's central Pacific coast. Puerto Vallarta sits in the curve of the horseshoe, and the road-less, remote, more or less empty Cabo Corriente forms the southwestern end of the bay.
The hotel is on the beach in the town of Anclote, often called Punta Mita due to its proximity to the actual Punta Mita, which is close by but behind a security fence, and is inaccessible to all but residents of the homes therein, guests of the hotels, or visitors to the hotels' destination restaurants or golf courses.
The nearest town to the north is Higuera Blanca, and beyond that, Sayulita, about 20 minutes from Anclote on a paved road that often washes out in the summer rainy season. Going southeast along the shore of Bahia Banderas, the nearest towns are La Cruz de Huanacatle, which has a good boat marina, and Bucerias. Puerto Vallarta is well over an hour away by car, cab, or bus.
- 1-hour drive (about $80 taxi) to or from Puerto Vallarta Airport
- 5-minute drive (about a $7 taxi) to Four Seasons Golf Club and courses
- 20-minute drive (about a $20 taxi) to Sayulita
- 1-hour-15-minute drive (about $125 taxi) to or from Puerto Vallarta
The suites at Hotel Cinco are large and luxurious, with an airy, beachy feel -- marble tile floors, wicker furniture, wood accents, and lots of white (bedding, most walls, and dining chairs). The hotel has nine two-bedroom suites, called Beach Club Suites, and three three-bedroom suites, called Deluxe Beach Club Suites, which are 700 square feet larger. Each bedroom has its own private full bathroom, and every suite also has a separate powder room. The kitchens have high-end appliances, granite countertops, dishes, and cutlery.
- Beach Club Suites have a master bedroom with a king bed, and a second bedroom with two twins, which can be joined to make a king.
- Kitchen with Viking stovetop, refrigerator/freezer, oven, microwave, dishwasher, and coffeemaker
- Dishes and cutlery for up to four guests
- Beautifully finished woodwork, doors, and cabinetry
- Spacious dining area with dining table and seating
- Breakfast bar
- Living room
- Large furnished ocean-view terrace
- Flat-screen TVs with satellite reception
- Laundry room with washer and dryer
- Expansive rooftop deck with pool, Jacuzzi, bar with light menu, and wonderful ocean views
- Lap pool by grassy lawn next to beach
- Ocean-view, air conditioned gym (daily fee to use)
- Paddleboard and surfboard rentals and lessons on the beach
- Good surfing waves in front of hotel; world-class waves (El Faro) 10 minutes by boat
- Snorkeling and diving at Mariettas Islands marine reserve 15 minutes by boat
- Whale watching,stove kayaking, fishing, and other water sports all available nearby
- Two world-class golf courses five minutes away
- Free Wi-Fi
One of Mexico's best restaurants is on-site
The hotel is home to the renowned Café Des Artistes del Mar, operated by chef Thierry Blouet, whose original Café Des Artistes in Puerto Vallarta ranks as one of Mexico's finest restaurants. The Punta Mita branch, with its focus on local seafood and produce, has already attained similar status. For gourmands, the presence of this restaurant alone may be enough to warrant a few nights at the hotel.
- Room service from the same kitchen as Cafe Des Artistes del Mar
Customers Who Viewed Hotel Cinco Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
It happens to us every morning — as we're commuting to work, we doze off and imagine we're part of…
Food and Drink
For true foodies, a vacation that doesn’t involve mouth-watering cuisine is hardly worthy of the title. In fact, food can…
Things You Should Know About Hotel Cinco
AddressAvenida El Anclote # 5, Punta de Mita, Riviera Nayarit 63734, Mexico
Phone52 (329) 291-6857
- One Bedroom Beach Club Suite
- One Bedroom Deluxe Beach Club Suite
- Three Bedroom Deluxe Beach Club Suite
- Two Bedroom Beach Club Suite
- Two Bedroom Deluxe Beach Club Suite