The Colonnade at The Fairmont Washington, D.C.
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Fairmont Washington, D.C.’s $100,000 Presidential Detail Package included a $5,000 shopping spree at SAKS Fifth Avenue, a visit to the “First Ladies Exhibit” at the Smithsonian, and in-room hairdressing services.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The San Francisco Marriott Union Square has just launched the “Workspace by the Minute” program, which allows guests and non-guests to rent flexible work and meeting space by one-minute increments instead of having to rent it for a full day.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Lindsay Lohan has been barred from all W hotels in New York after trashing yet another hotel room at the W New York – Union Square while partying.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Martha Stewart recently stayed in a two-bedroom Fairway Villa at the Wynn Las Vegas, which features a private massage room and a private pool.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach’s Polo in Paradise package includes a one-and-a-half-hour personalized polo class at the International Polo Club, a gourmet picnic, and Sunday brunch while watching a polo match from preferred veranda seating.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! The package, offered only on the occasion of the Presidential Inauguration, also included matching presidential Rolex watches in 18k gold and four nights in the Presidential Suite, as well as gourmet dog food, a Presidential dog bed and daily walks for the “First Dog”. Can't forget Bo!
2. FAKEOUT! The program is actually called “Workspace on Demand," and rooms can only be rented by the hour, not by one-minute increments. Other Marriott hotels in San Francisco and Washington, D.C., as well as select properties around the country, also offer this option.
3. FACT! Lohan left so many cigarette burns in her wake, the hotel had to remove all of the carpeting in her suite. The property said “she did at least $50,000 worth of damage."
4. FACT! Stewart was in Vegas for her niece’s wedding. While her stay was probably comp’ed (the hotel will be featured in her MSWeddings magazine), Fairway Villa rooms usually runat over $2,000 a night.
5. FAKEOUT! Only one of those three options is included, depending on travel dates and guests’ preferences. However, the package -- which starts at $780 -- also offers transportation to the International Polo Club in a luxurious car, a bottle of champagne, a polo bag and a La Martina polo jersey for each guest.