Casulo HotelSoutheast Austin, Austin, Texas
- Not within walking distance of tourist sites
- No full restaurant on-site
- Tiny fitness center
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 15 Amenities
- 46 Double Deluxe Room
- 42 Jacuzzi Suite
- 23 Pool
- 10 Restaurants and Bars
- 48 Single Deluxe Room
Oyster Hotel Review
A contemporary boutique south of downtown, with reasonable rates
The Casulo is an independently owned and operated property with stylish Asian-inspired decor. The lobby is cute and funky, with a big oriental rug, paper lantern light fixtures, a painted vase, and glass "flower arrangements" that light up. Original Asian art in the lobby and hallways is wonderfully featured with individual spotlighting. The decor theme is a bit more subdued in the contemporary rooms, though still present in details like the tile mosaic headboards.
The three-story building housing the hotel stands out among the homes and budget motels of this mixed residential/business sector adjacent to one of Austin's main arteries. Despite its highway-side location, the hotel manages to feel quiet and secluded, as it's located on a bluff above the highway and set back from it, between a vacant field and an apartment complex.
Some nice freebies, including free Wi-Fi and a free complete breakfast served in the lobby café, add value, and a small outdoor pool offers guests a good way to beat the Texas heat.
Right off one of Austin's main highways and a short drive south of the city
On the frontage road parallel to I-35, the Casulo is la short drive south of downtown Austin. If you're looking to get around and see the sites on foot, this isn't the place for you. Its roadside location in a mixed business/residential sector means you'll need to drive to get most anywhere.
- 15-minute-drive to Austin Bergstrom International Airport; shuttle service available
- 10-minute-drive to Palmer Auditorium
- 10-minute-drive to Austin Convention Center
- 10-minute-drive to Austin City Limits at The Moody Theater
- 15-minute-drive to Texas State Capitol
As with most hotels, some rooms are better than others. Although all of the rooms we saw were spacious, the Jacuzzi Suites -- despite featuring a large soaking tub in the middle of the room -- are longer than they are wide and tend to feel somewhat smaller for this reason. Priced significantly higher than the other room types of its size, they have smallish bathrooms and the bed is actually more like a futon. Unless you really love Jacuzzi tubs, stick to the other room types.
The remaining room types all feel very clean, bright and spacious, and all but the Double Rooms have a deep soaking tub and a separate shower. The Deluxe rooms have glass window partition between the bedroom and bathroom, with a white shade for privacy. Some guests have brought up the inconvenience of bright light from the translucent shade flooding an otherwise dark room, which may become an issue if your traveling companion is a light sleeper and you use the bathroom in the middle of the night.
- Rooms start at 340 square feet and have views of the pool or surrounding neighborhood.
- The Jacuzzi Suite and Petite suite are only marginally larger than the Deluxe Rooms, but the Balcony Suite and Superior Suite both offer over 600 square feet.
- Luxurious bathrooms with deep soaking tubs, separate showers with rain showerheads, Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, and Kohler fixtures
- Comfortable Posturepedic mattresses (or memory foam mattresses in Jacuzzi Suites)
- 37-inch flat-screen TV
- Robes and slippers
- Empty mini-fridge
- Large wooden work desk
- Small 24-hour fitness center with a few weight training machines, an elliptical, and a treadmill
- Computer area in the lobby with printing capabilities
- Conference room, but other hotels offer much more meeting space
- Small outdoor pool and Jacuzzi with lounge chairs and a shaded area with slatted patio cover
A free full breakfast in the lobby cafe every morning, and a bar serving drinks and snacks
- Free full breakfast includes muffins, fruit, made-to-order omelets, biscuits, toast, bacon, coffee, juice, and cereals.
- Lobby cafe has spacious, light-filled dining room with cool clear plastic chairs. Microwave available for guest use throughout the day.
- Small bar lit with cool paper lanterns serves snacks and drinks.
Customers Who Viewed Casulo Hotel Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Austin will be hosting the second annual three-day weekend of the ACL Music Festival starting this Friday. The self-titled Live…
Attention music-addicts: One of the coolest towns in the South is gearing up for one of the most fun and…
Things You Should Know About Casulo Hotel
Address3017 South I-35, Austin, Texas 78741, United States
- Balcony Suite
- Deluxe King or Double
- Deluxe Two Doubles
- Jacuzzi Suite
- Petite Suite
- Superior Suite