The Curtis Denver - A DoubleTree by Hilton HotelCentral Business District, Denver, Colorado
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 40 Amenities
- 54 British Invasion Suite
- 46 Deluxe Corner King Room
- 25 Restaurants and Bars
- 58 Rolling Stone Suite
- 35 Standard King Room
Oyster Hotel Review
Mid-range hotel with a kid-friendly, pop culture twist
The Curtis maintains the level of quality one would expect from a DoubleTree by Hilton, but with a pop culture twist. Every floor is a different theme -- the 14th floor, for example, is TV Mania. The 15th floor theme is Mad About Music, and excerpts and pictures from different decades of music line the halls, including old Glenn Miller and Aretha Franklin posters, and specifically themed rooms, like the British Invasion Suite.
In most rooms, however, the theme is toned down, and the overall effect is modern and a bit generic. The only hint of the overlying floor theme is a picture or two framed above a couch or next to the bed. Kids will likely enjoy the stay here -- if not for the bombardment of bright colors and shapes, then for the ability to check out their favorite board games at the lobby, and listen to the elevators chime in a pop culture reference at every stop.
The Curtis is located in downtown Denver's Central Business District, within walking distance to many major attractions. It's right next to other major Denver luxury hotels, including the Hotel Teatro and the Four Seasons.
The 16th Street Pedestrian Mall and the Colorado Convention Center are both a short walk away. Other frequented downtown attractions include the Denver Mint, the State Capitol Building, Coors Field, and Denver's renowned microbreweries.
- 30-minute taxi or shuttle from the Denver International Airport
- 5-minute walk to the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall
- 5-minute walk to the Denver Convention Center
- 12-minute walk to the U.S. Denver Mint
- 15-minute walk to the closest microbrewery, Wynkoop Brewing Company
- 6-minute drive to the Denver State Capitol
- 6-minute drive to |Coors Field
- 7-minute drive to Elitch Gardens Amusement Park, Denver Aquarium, Pepsi Center
- 1-hour drive to closest ski area, Loveland Ski Area
- 1.5-hour drive to Estes Park, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park
Rooms are modern, but chain-like, with extremely subtle allusions to the floor's theme -- usually, a framed picture or two. The bathrooms are on the small side, and have granite countertops and (in most cases) walk-in showers.
- 26-inch or larger flat-screen TVs with on-demand movies
- iPod docks
- Smallish bathrooms with granite countertops and walk-in showers
- Coffee/tea makers
- No robes, even in the suites
- Thin walls; conversations can be heard from adjacent rooms
- Only two suites in the entire hotel
- Bigger Better Deal Rooms have mini-fridges
Not only does the Curtis offer games on loan -- Boggle, Candyland, and Clue (to name a few) -- but they have a Nintendo Wii set up in the lobby, and have been known to hold Guitar Hero tournaments.
- Big fitness center bests those at most competing hotels, with modern Precor machines: cardio machines with individual TVs, weight machines, and free weights.
- Loaner board games for a deposit
- 22, 347 square feet of meeting space, including the Marco Polo Ballroom, and other childhood-named meeting spaces, like the Peek-a-Boo and the Hopscotch.
- No spa on-site
- No pool
- Pet friendly (small daily cleaning fee applies)
- Valet and self-parking, both for a fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- View full list of amenities
An on-site American restaurant and a Starbucks
Customers Who Viewed The Curtis Denver - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Also Viewed
Things You Should Know About The Curtis Denver - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Address1405 Curtis St, Denver, Colorado 80202, United States
- Deluxe Corner Room
- Deluxe Corner w/ Sofabed
- Deluxe Guest Room
- Junior Suite