The St. Regis RomeRome, Lazio, Italy
- Elegant and historic luxury property near Piazza della Repubblica and Via Veneto
- Grand rooms decorated with antiques
- Marble bathrooms all have separate tubs and showers
- Wine cellar hosts tastings and bar serves afternoon tea
- Fine dining restaurant with kids menu
- Asian-themed spa offers full menu of services
- Close to the Termini train station and Trevi Fountain
- The hotel’s suites and two floors of guest rooms have 24-hour butler service
- Formal afternoon tea offered
- Beds are two singles pushed together
- No tea facilities or coffeemakers in the room
- Exterior rooms can be noisy
- Fee for Wi-Fi in rooms; free Wi-Fi only in lobby and bar
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 112 Ambassador Suite
- 75 Amenities
- 66 Deluxe Room
- 58 Imperial Room
- 84 Junior Suite
- 86 Restaurants and Bars
Oyster Hotel Review
The high-ceilinged lobby is filled with sconces and glass Murano chandeliers. A large one hangs from a frescoed ceiling with small windows that let natural light filter through and touch down on the rich maroon marble floors. The rest of the hotel is similarly majestic, with a sumptuous red-and-gold color scheme in the lobby and common areas, and a reception area with thick marble desks. Although remodeled, Le Grand Bar still reflects the hotel's Belle Epoque grandeur, and is open all day, with free Wi-Fi.
In an historic neighborhood, convenient to many attractions
The hotel is located in the city’s historic center, between the Piazza della Repubblica, with the beautiful fountain and the Michelangelo-designed Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, and the restored baroque Fountain of Moses. The neighborhood — filled with bars, restaurants, cafes, and shops — is convenient to many of Rome's main tourist attractions. The Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps are within a 15-minute walk from the hotel, while the Colosseum is a 10-minute subway ride, or a 30-minute walk. The Pantheon is a 25-minute walk, and Vatican City is a 30-minute subway ride.
Large and classically elegant
The 138 rooms and 23 suites are spacious and classically elegant, combining Empire, Regency, and Louis XV styles. Decor consists of floral carpeting, chandeliers, and artwork, and some rooms have frescoes. Sumptuous fabrics include silks and damasks, and some of the antique furniture was acquired from state residences. Though color schemes vary a bit between room types, many incorporate regal-feeling red and gold. Amenities include flat-screen TVs, iPod-docking alarm clocks, slippers, and robes, though there are no coffee and tea facilities. Imperial Rooms and various suites come with free butler service. The spacious marble bathrooms have large vanities, soaking tubs, and stall showers.
Restaurant and bar, wine cellar, and spa
The hotel’s Vivendo Restaurant includes a wine cellar that hosts wine and champagne tastings, and Le Grand Bar serves a formal afternoon tea. There are also several opulent conference and event rooms. The Asian-inspired Kami spa on the hotel’s fifth floor offers eight different massage treatments, including the St. Regis signature massage, which combines thai, shaiatsu, and lomi techniques.