Bay Gardens Beach ResortSt. Lucia
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 122 Amenities
- 37 Beach
- 96 Deluxe Beach Front Room
- 190 One-Bedroom Suite Beach View
- 152 Pool
- 92 Restaurants and Bars
Oyster Hotel Review
A top Rodney Bay choice with great amenities -- though the beach is often crowded
One of the newer resorts in Rodney Bay, the Bay Gardens Beach Resort still possesses a fresh sheen. From the colorful lagoon-style pool featuring fountains and a Jacuzzi island, to the snappy red, white, and black decor in the elegant Trios ' restaurant, everything appears polished and contemporary.
Easily the nicest of the three Bay Gardens properties in Rodney Bay, this 75-room resort also has the bulk of the amenities, including two restaurants, four bars, a cafe, an extensive water sports center, a charming spa, a small but well-equipped fitness center, and plenty of meeting areas. Though the property is not high-end enough to be considered a luxury resort, it hardly leaves room for complaint -- especially given the affordable rates. And when compared with the other Bay Gardens properties, the bonuses are ample -- nicer toiletries, better balcony views, lusher grounds, and far more space to stretch out and relax.
Disappointingly though, the beach is crowded -- something that may be surprising considering the resort has just 75 rooms. Bay Gardens’ sister properties, Bay Gardens Hotel and Bay Gardens Inn, shuttle their guests to this beach as well, effectively doubling the number of patrons at any given time. As a result, those looking for peace and quiet are more likely to find it in their rooms than anywhere else. For those guests hoping for a bit of romance while still being able to enjoy all of the amenities their hotel offers, head to the similarly priced Windjammer Landing, whose four pools and expansive sundecks overlooking the bay ensure a bit more privacy. Families, groups, and active couples, however, will likely find the scene at Bay Gardens Beach Resort just right.
On Rodney Bay’s Reduit Beach, near a handful of attractions on the island’s northern side
Bay Gardens Beach Resort enjoys a nice location right on Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay -- ideal not only for a quick access to the sun and sand but also because plenty of businesses are within walking distance. Also close by are hotspots like a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course and the historical Pigeon Island.
Rodney Bay is one of the island’s liveliest areas, featuring plenty of shops, restaurants, coffee shops, and bars sprinkled throughout Reduit Beach and Gros Islet. Still, most of the big attractions -- on both the north and south side, require at least a short drive. Taxis are inexpensive enough for destinations under 20 minutes away, however, those guests hoping to visit the south side should consider hiring a car for a day -- the drive is roughly 90 minutes and night-time driving is not recommended for those unfamiliar with the roads, which are marked by hairpin turns, deep potholes, and virtually no lighting.
- 20-minute drive to George F. L. Charles Airport
- 90-minute drive to St. Lucia Hewanorra Airport
- 1-minute walk to Reduit Beach (resort is located on the beach)
- 5-minute walk to Rodney Bay Marina
- 10-minute walk to shopping center with grocery store, cafes, fast food restaurants, and shops
- 5-minute drive to Pigeon Island
- 10-minute drive to St. Lucia Country Club golf course
New rooms with crisp style but not many modern amenities
Bay Gardens Beach Resort’s 75 rooms don’t appear to have aged a day since opening in 2007. Linens are fresh and well-pressed, spotless bathrobes hang in the closets, and furnishings are customized to fit the rooms in a seamless manner. The contemporary look continues in the spacious bathrooms with granite countertops, multi-jet showers, and decorative tiling. While these sharp rooms are surely not ‘’the best’’ around -- Windjammer Landing has larger units with better amenities for similar prices -- they are certainly leaps and bounds above the other Bay Gardens properties nearby.
- Private balconies or terraces
- Old tube TVs and alarm clocks
- Wall-mounted A/C and ceiling fans
- Coffeemakers and/or teakettle with free coffee and tea packets
- DVD players
- Free Wi-Fi
- Modern baths with granite countertops, multi-jet showers, and Judith Jackson Spa toiletries
- Ocean-view rooms are worth the upgrade for their exceptional views of Reduit Bay.
- One-bedroom suites have full kitchens and separate living rooms.
- Gorgeous lagoon-style pool with Jacuzzi island
- Beach access
- Water sports pavilion on the beach with kayaks, windsurfers, boating excursions, waterskiing, and snorkeling equipment
- Le Mer spa with multiple treatment rooms and salon with mani/pedi stations
- Activities desk and car rentals
- Business center with two computer stations and small library
- Meeting rooms
- Well-equipped fitness center with plenty of cardio and weight lifting equipment
- Poolside bar, cafe, and coffee shop
- Free Wi-Fi throughout property
- Small gift shop in the lobby
- Free parking
- View full list of amenities
Decent casual poolside options, plus a Caribbean-fusion restaurant serving unique locally inspired cuisine
- Hi Tide (poolside) features Caribbean cuisine along with standard American fare such as burgers and fries; theme nights include Italian Night, English Pub Night, Seafood Night, and Steak Night.
- Lo Tide (poolside) features casual American fare like burgers and fries.
- Trios Restaurant is a bit fancier, and serves a Caribbean-fusion menu that blends hints of European and Asian flavors with traditional local cuisine.
- Pebbles Bar serves up cocktails poolside.
Customers Who Viewed Bay Gardens Beach Resort Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Bay Gardens Beach Resort
AddressRodney Bay Village
- Deluxe Garden View Room
- Deluxe Pool View Room
- One Bedroom Garden View Suite
- One Bedroom Pool View Suite
- Two Bedroom Suite