Cotton Bay VillageSt. Lucia
- No ocean-view units
- Nothing is within walking distance
- The fine dining restaurant is only open three nights a week
- No in-room Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A quiet beachside village with beautifully designed rooms and well-maintained grounds
Tranquil Cotton Bay Village has the feel of an exclusive gated residential area. Not quite chi-chi but certainly high-brow, the 75 colonial- and chateau-style villas and apartments are nestled just beyond the posh St. Lucia Country Club along a crescent-shaped beach on the island’s northeastern shore. True to its name, Cotton Bay Village really feels like a little village -- a main row lined with townhouse-style accommodations branches off to smaller enclaves featuring access to a stunning and tranquil pool, an excellent kids' club, a lovely spa/fitness center, and a beachfront restaurant and lounge.
Exceptional amenities aside, it’s the villas, townhouses, and apartments that are the real lure here. Eclectic but tasteful furnishings -- hardwood floors, British colonial-style sofas and chairs stacked high with plush pillows, intricate Persian rugs, and slick modern art -- create the feeling of staying in a wealthy relative’s home, rather than a generic hotel room. Full kitchens featuring granite countertops, Falcon ranges, laundry rooms, more cookware and flatware than probably necessary, and furnished balconies and terraces provide a self-contained sanctuary with little reason to leave.
Still, there are plenty of shared features worth venturing out for. To start, the pool is massive and utterly serene with cushy blue lounge chairs, a small whirlpool and a tiki bar. Nearby, a not-so-impressive reception area fronts a spectacular spa. Here, guests can relax around a reflecting pool and take a dip in yet another indoor pool. Vichy treatment rooms, mud rooms, saunas, and steam rooms create a variety of experiences, and at the nearby fitness center, private Pilates and yoga classes are available. Helping maintain the mellow atmosphere is an extensive kids club, which features a nursery as well as a playroom.
Guests are pretty much left on their own here -- and many travelers prefer this to the obtrusive attentiveness at some other resorts. But those looking to be pampered might be disappointed.
In the upscale Cap Estate community, next to the St. Lucia Golf Club
Cotton Bay is located on the northern tip of the island, next to the St. Lucia Golf Club. The northern side of St. Lucia is inherently the "lesser" side of the island, simply because there are no views of the iconic Pitons, and the majority of the tourist attractions are clustered around Soufriere, on the southwestern coast. However, the Cap Estate area near Cas en Bas is one of the northern region’s poshest options, offering stunning views, uncrowded beaches, and a handful of exclusive hotspots nearby like the renowned LeSport destination spa, the Jake Nicklaus-designed St. Lucia Country Club golf course, and the historical Pigeon Island.
All of these destinations require a car or taxi, but distances are shorter and road conditions are considerably better than on the southern side of the island. Those guests who hope to visit some of the south side’s stunning natural attractions (the volcano, the cocoa plantations, the Pitons) should consider hiring a car for a day -- the drive is roughly 90 minutes and nighttime driving is not recommended for those unfamiliar with the roads, which are marked by hairpin turns, deep potholes, and virtually no lighting.
- 20-minute drive to George F. L. Charles Airport
- 90-minute drive to St. Lucia Hewanorra Airport
- 1-minute walk to Cas en Bas beach (resort has direct access)
- 15-minute walk to St. Lucia Country Club golf course
- 5-minute drive to Rodney Bay Marina
- 10-minute drive to Pigeon Island
- 10-minute drive to nearest grocery store
- 10-minute drive to Reduit Beach’s restaurants, cafes, shops, and beaches
Extra-large villas and apartments with full kitchens and private balconies or terraces
Cotton Bay Village’s 75 rooms are one the resort’s biggest draws. Ranging from one-bedroom apartments to four-bedroom villas, all units feel fresh and new. The decor is best described as classic-colonial-meets-island, and not a drop of tropical kitsch can be found; instead, there are mahogany furnishings with white leather cushions and plush pillows, multi-jet stream showers and marble surfaces in the bathrooms, luxurious four-poster beds, and sleek modern art hanging on the walls. All units also feature full kitchens outfitted to the nines: granite countertops, high-end appliances, spotless white cabinets, and a host of tableware and cookware. Some villas also include private pools and yards.
- Private villas and apartments with separate living space and private outdoor space
- Fully equipped kitchens with new appliances, ranges, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, full-size refrigerator, and tons of flatware and cookware
- Large marble baths with multi-jet showers and Hydro Basics toiletries
- 26-inch or larger flat-screen TVs and DVD players
- Ceiling fans and A/C (in bedrooms only)
- Chateaux Mango and Cotton House Villas include a private butler
- Townhouses feature private pools and sundecks
- Beautiful spa with indoor pool, reflecting pool, relaxation deck, Vichy treatment room, sauna, and mud room
- Sizeable fitness center with plenty of cardio, weight machines, and dumbbells, as well as a studio used for private Pilates and yoga classes
- Free parking
- Large outdoor pool with lap lanes, padded lounge chairs, a whirlpool, and a tiki bar
- Extensive kids' club with playroom, pool table, movies, nursery, and outdoor area
- Direct access to Cotton Bay, with a quiet beach featuring guest-only lounge chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas
- Free non-motorized watersports
- Cell phones available for a fee
- Video library in the lobby
- Free Wi-Fi in The Beach Club
- View full list of amenities
A fun kids' club, plus lots of free perks for families
The elegant Piano Piano restaurant is a standout -- but it's only open three nights a week
- The Beach Club serves everything from barbecue to foie gras in a casual environment; kids under 12 eat free.
- The ritzy Piano Piano restaurant (and champagne bar) serves Caribbean/Mediterranean fusion for dinner Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only.
- Bruschetta Deli sells basics like milk and pasta for self-cooking; open limited hours.
Customers Who Viewed Cotton Bay Village Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
What's the secret to a great family vacation? Finding a location that allows everyone to explore and have fun -…
Things You Should Know About Cotton Bay Village
AddressPO Box 2374, Cap Estate, Cas-En-Bas, Castries, Caribbean
- Four Bedroom Cotton House Villa W/ Pool
- One Bedroom Tamarind Villa
- One Bedroom Terracotta Villa W/ Pool
- Three Bedroom Chateaux Mango Beachfront Villa
- Three Bedroom Chateaux Mango Villa W/ Pool
- Three Bedroom Coral Penthouse Villa
- Three Bedroom Terracotta Villa W/ Pool
- Two Bedroom Calabash Villa
- Two Bedroom Terracotta Villa W/Pool