As April comes to a close, we're looking back at the month's top travel news. There was the United Airlines saga, the rollout of the annual World's 50 Best Restaurants list, and the debut of Russia's first-ever tourism etiquette guide. Here are 10 other popular stories you might have missed on Oyster.com this month.
1. Top All-Inclusives for Mega Resort Haters: No crowded bars, no cheesy organized activities, no lackluster buffet food, and no techno pumping through poolside speakers.
2. 10 Important Things to Do If There’s a Terrorist Attack While You’re Traveling: The U.S. State Department shares their top tips.
3. 19 Fun and Free Things to Do in Las Vegas: Gambling might be synonymous with Sin City, but you don’t have to spend a ton of cash to have a great time here.
4. The Best Places to Raise a Family Outside of the U.S.: We took into account issues like parental leave, medical capabilities, cost of living, and more.
5. 24 Things You Should Know Before Traveling to Japan: Know before you go, so your trip to Nippon is only full of good surprises.
6. Why Are Airplane Windows Round? Plus, 6 Other Common Airplane Mysteries Explained: Ever wonder why the lights dim during takeoff and landing? Or, why there’s a small hole in the cabin windows?
7. How to Get the Most Out of Your Disney World Resort: Maximize the benefits that come with staying on a Disney property.
8. Where to Go in Hawaii: A Cheat Sheet to the Top Destinations: Find your ideal island.
9. The Most Popular Beach Destination in 9 Countries Around the World: You might be surprised by a few of them.
10. The Quaintest Destinations in the Caribbean: It’s not all about all-inclusive mega-resorts and sprawling, tourist-filled beaches in the Caribbean.
All products are independently selected by our writers and editors. If you buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission.