- Somewhat bland, generic decor
- Fees for Wi-Fi and business center
- Almost nothing within walking distance
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Upper-middle-range chain that's starting to show its years
The Omni Austin Southpark delivers the chain's reputable service for a more affordable price tag in a location that’s outside the city and close to Austin’s main artery, I-35. You'll need a car for this location, as there is almost nothing within walking distance.
The property draws a mix of business travelers and vacationing families, the latter of which most certainly make good use of the hotel’s large outdoor/indoor pool. The circular lobby bar has a grand piano and is popular with business travelers and the happy hour crowd from nearby office buildings. The lobby itself is attractive, with numerous flower and plant arrangements.
Just off I-35, 5 miles south of Downtown Austin and conveniently located near Austin’s tech corridor
Southeast Austin isn't exactly a hub of activity. This mixed business and residential sector is five miles south of Downtown Austin, so a rental car is a must for visitors staying in this area. Several family-oriented attractions are in the vicinity, including shopping malls and movie theaters, but expect to head Downtown for bars, restaurants, and tourist sites.
- 12-minute-drive to Frank Erwin Center
- 15-minute-drive to Sixth Street entertainment district
- 15-minute-drive to Texas State Capitol
- 15-minute-drive to Austin City Limits at The Moody Theater
- 15-minute-drive to 2nd Street entertainment district
- 15-minute-drive to the Blanton Museum of Art
- 15-minute-drive to Mike A. Myers Stadium
- 15-minute-drive to LBJ Presidential Library
- 15-minute-drive to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
Comfortable enough, though generic
Soft renovations gave rooms an updated feel, but decor remains generic. The comfortable beds are the highlight, with plush white bedding that draws the eye. All rooms have flat-screen TVs.
Views are mostly of the highways in the vicinity of the hotel, but in some rooms you can make out the distant Austin skyline and Austin Bergstrom Airport.
- Bathrooms are nothing special, with shower/tub combos and hotel-brand toiletries
- Flat-screen TVs with cable channels and on-demand movies
- Free morning newspaper delivery
- Two-cup coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- In-room minibar with the basics
Rooms and Rates
- Bright, decent-size fitness center with wood floors, floor-to-ceiling windows, chilled towels, cardio machines, strength training machines, and free weights
- Indoor/outdoor pool with dry sauna and hot tub
- Small, quiet business center with a single desk; fees apply.
- Spacious, classy meeting facilities
- Basic but functional spa facilities
- Free and abundant guest parking
- Fee for in-room Wi-Fi, unless you sign up for the hotel's loyalty program (for free). Free Wi-Fi in lobby.
- View Full List of Amenities
Casual dining three meals a day at Onion Creek Grille, and libations at the lobby bar
- Onion Creek Grille serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual atmosphere; its Wine Room provides a fancier alternative.
- The restaurant is in a separate wing of the hotel and has its own entrance.
- The breakfast buffet features Belgian waffles and made-to-order omelets.
- A pasta buffet is offered at lunchtime, along with fajitas and salads.
- Dinner features seafood selections and Southwest fare.
- The popular, circular lobby bar dominates the lobby near the front desk and features a grand piano.
- 24-hour room service
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
|Address||4140 Governors Row, Austin, Texas 78744, United States|