- Laid-back beach area that attracts a local crowd
- Large outdoor pool area and poolside bar
- Fabulous Chakra Spa
- A great central location that is easy to reach
- Two restaurants on-site and local eateries nearby
- A comfortable resort atmosphere with reasonable prices
- New hotel wing with updated rooms and amenities
- Free Wi-Fi and parking
- Some rooms have outdated decor (such as patterned bedspreads and curtains)
- Not ideal for those seeking a secluded or luxurious atmosphere
- Limited water sports equipment available to guests
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A comfortable and reliable hotel that is popular with groups
Guests enter the hotel through the spacious lobby, and are welcomed by the front desk staff. Though not luxurious by any means, Accra has a friendly and comfortable resort vibe -- even if areas are outdated. The older hotel wing is marked by its dark green and beige balconies, while the new wing sticks with a more modern beige and white palette.
The outdoor pool area is framed with green foliage, and walkways wind around the property and to either side of the beach. Beach decorum is laid-back -- guests are free to bring a six-pack of beer that they bought from the store. Next door, a popular local haunt with colorful booths sells drinks, food, and art -- a cool spot to explore when guests get tired of the poolside bar. The central and open location of Accra is refreshing -- guests will never feel “trapped.”
Steps from the main highway that runs along the south coast
Accra boasts a prominent and central location off Highway 7 giving guests easy access to the island. The entrance is well-marked (it’s hard to miss Accra’s telltale beige and green exterior), and parking is a breeze. Guests can walk across the street for an ATM and ethnic eateries for lunch.
St. Lawrence Gap or "The Gap" -- a one-mile-long area of restaurants, shops, and nightlife -- is within easy driving distance. Oistins Fish Fry, a popular Friday night experience, is a short drive in the other direction. For those without a car, taking the bus is inexpensive, and there is stop near the hotel.
- 16-minute drive to Grantley Adams International Airport
- 3-minute drive to “The Gap”
- 8-minute drive to Bridgetown
- 9-minute drive to Oistins Fish Fry
- 20-minute drive to Sandy Lane Country Club and golf courses
- 21-minute drive to Flower Forest Botanical Gardens
- 22-minute drive to Harrison’s Cave
- 22-minute drive to Holetown
- 27-minute drive to Royal Westmoreland Golf Course
- 31-minute drive to Speightstown
- 31-minute drive to Soup Bowl surfing area
Varying rooms and suites in two separate wings
This four-story property has 224 rooms and suites in two hotel wings that vary in decor and amenities. The older wing, though clean, is in need of some renovations -- rooms have older tube TVs, and dated bedspreads and curtains. The rooms and suites in the newer wing offer updated furnishings and modern conveniences, though are priced higher.
- Mini-fridges and coffeemakers with coffee and tea
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ceiling fans
- Adirondack furniture on balconies
- Small walk-in showers
- Ocean Front Rooms have a Jacuzzi on the balcony.
Rooms and Rates
Basic amenities and a standout spa
- A laid-back beach area that is popular with locals
- A large outdoor pool area and poolside bar
- A welcome drink card upon check-in
- Free use of beach umbrellas, boogie boards, and flippers and goggles
- Chakra Spa with an extensive menu that includes massage and facial services, body rituals, nail treatments, and hair removal
- Four meeting rooms equipped with Internet and video conferencing facilities
- A decent-size fitness center with nice lighting and good equipment
- Kids' club and game room
- Fun social events including weekly karaoke nights
- Business center with computer and printer use
- Free Wi-Fi in all areas of the property
- View Full List of Amenities
Two restaurants, including the only Polynesian restaurant on the island
Coco Patch restaurant, located next to the pool, serves a mix of Caribbean and International cuisines. Open for breakfast and lunch, they also have themed nights (with live music) in a canopied space on the other side of the pool.
The other main restaurant, Wytukai, is the only Polynesian restaurant on the island and has a slightly over-the-top decor to match.
The Sand Bar is attached to the lobby and is a great spot for sporting events or piano playing.
The swim-up poolside bar has reasonable prices and attracts a lively atmosphere, especially on karaoke nights.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Rockley, PO Box 73W, Caribbean|