- Intimate all-inclusive property with competitive prices
- A quiet beach with fantastic swimming and sunsets
- Three restaurants and lounge with nightly entertainment
- Spacious rooms with simple but stylish, modern decor
- iPod docks, flat-screen TVs, coffeemakers, and free minibars
- Terrace with cabanas overlooking the ocean
- Free water sports, and two outdoor pools
- Full-service spa and fitness center with basic cardio equipment
- Free wired Internet connection in rooms, and Wi-Fi in lobby
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A boutique hotel with contemporary furnishings and a relaxing vibe
The stark white entrance of this hotel doesn’t look like much from the outside and can be hard to find. It is actually split into two buildings on opposite sides of the road: the Ocean House and the Spa House. The Ocean House has a contemporary lobby that holds a festive Virgin Holidays desk -- a hotel partner that brings in many guests from the UK. Past the lobby is the stylish but understated lounge where free drinks are served all day. The lounge, with a restaurant on each end, leads out onto a nice terrace overlooking the ocean. Here, couples can be found chilling on the cabanas with a good book and rum punch; at night, twinkling lights make it a romantic place to watch the sunset before dinner. Continue along the terrace to find stairs to the beach. Though all beaches in Barbados are public, this one in particular feels more private, as it juts out along Prospect Bay with a fantastic swimming area. For additional swimming options, there is an outdoor pool situated next to the late night bar and game room. Guests need to cross a busy street to get to the other building -- the Spa House -- where the third restaurant, adults-only pool, spa, and remaining rooms are located.
On a quiet stretch of beach for fantastic swimming and sunsets
Waves Hotel has changed names several times over the years, so taxi drivers may not recognize the name, but they will know the property, located in the heart of St. James along Prospect Bay. Centrally located on Highway 1 between Holetown and Bridgetown, Waves is easy driving distance to local sites, but guests will want to return for beautiful “gold coast” sunsets. The bus stops in either direction, just steps from the property.
- 29-minute drive to Grantley Adams International Airport
- 5-minute drive to Holetown for restaurants and shopping
- 7-minute drive to Sandy Lane Country Club and golf courses
- 10-minute drive to Bridgetown
- 11-minute drive to Royal Westmoreland Golf Course
- 15-minute drive to Speightstown
- 15-minute drive to Harrison's Cave
- 16-minute drive to Flower Forest Botanical Gardens
- 20-minute drive to St. Lawrence Gap
- 25-minute drive to Soup Bowl surfing area
- 26-minute drive to Oistins Fish Fry
Beautiful rooms with natural bathrooms and modern amenities
Waves' 70 rooms are situated in two separate buildings decorated with a contemporary but minimalistic flair. White duvets and walls are accented with a palette of soothing neutrals and blues. Bathrooms are stylish with a natural finish, and spacious with door-less multi-jet showers (no baths).
- King beds with memory foam mattresses and hypoallergenic pillows
- Large flat-screen TVs and DVD players
- iPod docks
- Minibars stocked with free goodies
- Coffeemakers with free coffee
- Air conditioning
- Bathrooms feature eco-friendly bottles of bath products from The White Collection.
Rooms and Rates
Free meals and drinks, waters sports, and a three-hour catamaran trip
- Two outdoor pools: a smaller lap pool in the Ocean House, and a larger free-form pool in the Spa House (adults-only)
- A quiet beach area for strolling, swimming and beautiful sunsets
- Three-hour catamaran trip that includes swimming with sea turtles included in price
- Spa for facials, massages and body treatments -- some all-inclusive package include free spa treatments
- A stylish lobby, lounge, and terrace for drinks, relaxing, and nightly entertainment
- Late-night bar and game room
- A Virgin Holidays desk in the lobby that can help arrange tours
- Free non-motorized water sports on the beach
- Free wired Internet connection in rooms, and Wi-Fi in the reception and guest terrace
- View Full List of Amenities
Three distinct restaurants and a bartender that serves drinks throughout the day
Three restaurants -- with seasonal menus -- help keep things interesting for guests at this smaller, all-inclusive hotel. In addition, afternoon tea is served daily, and the bartender pours drinks throughout the day.
- Seascape, with an elegant black-and-white motif, is the main restaurant that overlooks the Caribbean Sea. It serves a breakfast buffet and lunch (sometimes dinner). Cuisine is international with a Mediterranean twist.
- Feast is located across the street at the Spa House and is open for lunch and dinner. The restaurant is more formal, and offers pan-Asian flavors in an open-air setting.
- Rosso Vivo has a sophisticated red-and-black setting. It is in the Ocean House, but has an indoor, climate-controlled setting. The cuisine is southern European with a Caribbean twist.
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Prospect Bay, BB24033, Caribbean|
|Also Known As||