- Elegant boutique hotel housed in a pretty 19th-century building
- Beautiful, tree-lined location walking distance to many attractions
- Two modern restaurants that are popular with guests and locals alike
- Atmospheric bar with outdoor seating for drinks and small plates
- Small rooftop terrace with lounge chairs
- Stylish rooms have flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and rain showerheads
- Some rooms have charming balconies
- Prices are higher than some nearby competitors
- No pool or fitness center (guests have access to facilities at hotel that is 6-minute walk away)
- Some rooms are pretty tight on space
- Wi-Fi comes with a fee
Housed in a lovely 19th-century building, the Hotel Murmuri is an elegant boutique that has been completely modernized while still maintaining a romantic appeal (think plush interiors and low lighting). Rooms are stylishly decorated in creams and browns, and feature full-body mirrors and floor-to-ceiling windows; some have charming balconies. Stand-out features include the chic Murmuri Restaurant and Bar ElPassatge. The property has limited amenities, however, as it only offers a small rooftop terrace and lacks a pool and fitness center (though guests do have free access to facilities at the nearby Hotel Majestic sister property). Also, rates here are higher than some nearby options, and Wi-Fi comes with a fee.
- Fitness Center
This Hotel Also Featured In
Barcelona is arguably Spain’s most cosmopolitan and trendy city [Ed. note: And as a native of Madrid, that’s hard to admit]. Its laid-back — yet upscale — atmosphere, stunning architecture and great food make it the top destination in Spain, and a must-see stop on tours of Europe. Millions of tourists pour into the city’s…
Oyster Hotel Review
Hotel Murmuri Barcelona
A 53-room boutique that exudes modern sophistication
The Hotel Murmuri has a sophisticated, yet inviting, feel that meshes well with the trendy vibe of its Eixample location.
Rooms are stylish and modern; dark wood accents and rich fabrics add a luxe edge to the minimalist furnishings. Large mirrors and floor-to-ceiling windows are also nice touches, and amenities include flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, minibars, and rain showerheads. Some rooms have charming balconies overlooking the tree-lined Rambla de Catalunya below.
The chic Murmuri Restaurant draws guests and locals alike with its Thai and Mediterranean fusion cuisine served up in hip surroundings. Drinks and small plates can also be ordered in the atmospheric Bar ElPassatge, which offers arty black and white decor inside and a sidewalk terrace outside. Additionally, Petit Comitè serves traditional dishes with a modern twist, like suckling pig or grilled octopus.
A romantic tree-lined street in the Eixample district near plenty of restaurants and shops
Hotel Murmuri is situated on a beautiful street known as Rambla de Catalunya in the Eixample district. This is a trendy area known for having a plentitude of charming boutiques, shops, and restaurants. Just a short walk along this route leads to the Passeig de Gracia, the commercial and cultural center of the city. In addition, the neighborhood leads to Las Ramblas -- the famous tree-lined pedestrian-friendly mall in Barcelona. Guests will also find themselves in the vicinity of modernist structures by famed architect Antoni Gaudí. Public transportation is also nearby, as the Diagonal Metro Station and Passeig de Gracia Station (for direct trains to Barcelona International Airport) are within walking distance.
Eixample is home to the city's best examples of modernist architecture, including the La Pedrera building and Sagrada Família church, both designed by Antoni Gaudí. In addition to its eccentric architecture, this district is known for a vibrant nightlife scene, with many trendy bars and clubs found here, especially in the gay section (which is popularly known as Gayxample).
- 21-minute drive or 65-minute bus ride from Barcelona El Prat Airport (BCN)
- 6-minute walk to Passeig de Gracia
- 6-minute walk to the Casa Milà ("La Pedrera"), a former apartment building designed by Antoni Gaudí that is now a museum
- 7-minute walk to Antoni Gaudí's whimsical Casa Batlló, a former residence-turned-museum
- 7-minute drive or 10-minute subway ride to the famously eye-catching Sagrada Família church designed by Antoni Gaudí
- 8-minute drive or 17-minute subway ride to Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art
- 9-minute drive or 18-minute subway ride to Placa Espanya public square and transportation hub
- 13-minute drive or 18-minute subway ride to Town Hall
- 13-minute drive or 18-minute subway ride to the Barri Gótic (Gothic Quarter) for medieval architecture
- 14-minute drive or 19-minute subway ride to Columbus Monument
- 14-minute drive or 33-minute subway ride to National Museum of Catalan Art (MNAC)
- 16-minute drive or 29-minute subway ride to Barceloneta Beach
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.