Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Stylish, Asian-inspired decor
This 216-room boutique is an urban retreat in Chicago’s busy downtown. Its feng-shui styling creates a relaxing feel: The lobby combines wood, notched brick, and large glass windows; the rooms feature hardwood floors, large spa-inspired showers with rain showerheads, and luxury amenities; and the spa is decorated with small glass tiles, decorative bare-branched trees, and plush, contemporary furniture.
Vertigo Sky Lounge follows the hotel's Asian-inspired design scheme, but the vibe is hip and sleek rather than zen and the lounge features an outdoor patio and nightly DJ.
Near the Magnificent Mile, in River North
The Dana Hotel is located three blocks from the Magnificent Mile, an iconic stretch of North Michigan Avenue famous for its upscale shopping. The surrounding River North neighborhood is full of museums and galleries, with the largest concentration of art galleries outside of Manhattan. It's a 7-minute drive to the Chicago Loop, the historic commercial center of Downtown Chicago, and an even shorter drive to Magnificent Mile attractions like the Chicago Water Tower, one of the only buildings in the city to survive the great fire of 1871.
- 10-minute walk to the Magnificent Mile
- 2-minute drive to Chicago Water Tower
- 2-minute drive to Museum of Contemporary Art
- 2-minute drive to Tribune Tower
- 3-minute drive to Newberry Library
- 3-minute drive to Chicago Theater
- 4-minute drive to Wrigley Building
- 4-minute drive to Hancock Tower
- 5-minute drive to Picasso Statue
- 25-minute drive from O’Hare International Airport
Spa-inspired "shower rooms," wood floors, and floor-to-ceiling windows or balconies
The rooms at the Dana Hotel combine relaxation and function with hardwood floors, earth tones, and Asian accents. All rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows and many have balconies as well. The bathrooms feature "shower rooms" separated from the bedroom by a wall of glass . But less voyeuristic guests can opt to draw a curtain over the glass for privacy.
- 37-inch flat-screen TV with premium cable channels and free movie channels
- Fridge with wine reserve; honor bar
- Separate "shower room" with rain showerhead, Philippe Starck shower stool, Italian stone, and glass wall looking into room
- Zeppelin iPod dock and speaker system
- Hardwood floors
- Pillow-top mattress and 300-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets
- Keurig coffee maker
- Cordless phones with free local calls
- In-room safes
Rooms and Rates
A tranquil spa and a hip lounge
The Dana's Asian-inspired decor helps create spaces with very different vibes: At one extreme, the zen-like, relaxing spa, at the other, the sleek, sexy Vertigo Sky Lounge on the 26th floor, with an outdoor patio, nightly DJ, a sexy, communal bathroom with chalkboard walls, and a Velcro VIP room.
- Free continental breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi and wired Internet
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour fitness center with treadmills, bikes, elliptical machines; city views; and locker room with showers
- Spa at Dana: Five treatment rooms including couples treatment rooms offering manicures, pedicures, aromatherapy, hydrotherapy, massages, waxing, body treatments, and facials
- Argent is a restaurant and raw bar from chefs Rodelio Aglibot and (formerly) Jackie Shen, opened in 2012. Opened seven days a week, the restaurant's raw bar attracts a fairly large crowd, especially in the summer months. Other offerings include typical Americana dishes such as Waldorf salads, roast chickens, scallops, and moon pies. The old-fashioned fare is well-executed, if unoriginal.
- Vertigo Sky Lounge: Nightly DJ; outdoor ice bar and fire pits
- 1,200-square-foot multi-purpose meeting room that can seat 100; board room with seating for 14, and two conference rooms seating up to 10 people each
- Front desk staffers double as concierges
- Daily newspaper delivery to rooms
- Pets under 35 pounds allowed for a fee
- Non-smoking hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||660 North State Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654, United States|