Travel Guide of Herradura, Costa Rica for: Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf ResortHerradura, Costa Rica
- Quieter than Jaco, located three miles south
- Calm waters are good for kids
- Good area for fishing and horseback riding
- 18-hole golf course overlooking the ocean
- Few hotel options
- Playa Herradura is rocky and not very pretty
- There's not much to do in the immediate neighborhood
What It's Like
Herradura is a small village a mile from the beach and three miles from the busy town of Jaco, There is almost no nightlife, few accommodation options, and there are no major national parks or rainforests immediately nearby. But there are some outdoor activities available close to the main hotels, like horseback riding and zip-lining. The beach itself, Playa Herradura, is extremely rocky, but it has lovely views of the small islands scattered off the coast, and its calm waters provide safe swimming conditions for kids as well as good fishing. There is also an 18-hole golf course looking over the ocean.
Where to Stay
Part of the attraction of Herradura is that it's less built up than its neighbor, Jaco -- but that translates to few hotel options. The main places to stay here are Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort and Villa Caletas.