- Historic, elegant townhouses located in prestigious Mayfair
- Spacious rooms with a soft color scheme and stocked minibars
- Upscale bathrooms (some with separate tub and walk-in shower)
- Distinguished literary past: Rudyard Kipling wrote "The Jungle Book" here
- Excellent fine dining at the HIX at the Albemarle (celebrated English chef Mark Hix)
- Sassy cocktail bar dedicated to the English fashion photographer Terence Donovan
- Lovely afternoon tea in the bright English Tea Room
- Spa with three treatment rooms and modern fitness center
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pricey room rates
Brown's Hotel, located in prestigious Mayfair, is part of the luxurious Rocco Forte Collection. The hotel is made up of 11 historic Georgian townhouses and no two of the 117 rooms are the same. Spacious, elegant rooms have a soft, soothing color scheme along with stocked minibars, big flat-screen TVs, and upscale bathrooms (some have a separate soaking tub and walk-in glass shower). Hotel highlights include quality dining and drinking venues such as HIX at the Albemarle, the English Tea Room, and the Donovan Bar. With a spa and fitness center, Brown's has all the features guests would expect at this price point.
- Fitness Center
This Hotel Also Featured In
Westminster/Oyster London can seem like a deceptively easy trip abroad. After all, there’s no language barrier or major culture shock. Our ongoing media exchange with Great Britain — all of those BBC shows and James Bond movies — means England’s capital has a familiar, cozy feeling for most Americans. But don’t be fooled. Newbies coming…
When daughters are young, playtime often revolves around tea parties and fairytale palaces. We say, it’s time to book the ultimate upgrade — a weekend trip to London. England’s capital lets you tap into all the girlish fun of a full, proper tea heaped high with sugary treats plus a visit to a real palace…
For a Europhile with vacation days, it can be hard to remember that there are actually seven continents. Our rally cry is “Europe or bust!” Thankfully, there’s enough on the continent to keep us exploring for a lifetime — and we’ve got the bucket list to prove it. If you’re constantly drawn across the Atlantic…
Last week we shared the cheapest hotels in 10 popular cities around the world, but now it’s time to see the other side of the spectrum. Whether you have an anniversary coming up, are looking for somewhere to celebrate a birthday, or simply love the luxury hotel life, there are plenty of hotels that offer…
Any writer worth his weight in hardbacks knows that one of the most essential aspects of a story is setting; it sets the scene, provides conflict, controls character interaction, and creates a mood. It only makes sense, then, that authors return again and again to hotels in particular to fill the backdrop of their stories.…
The super-chic Jen Ford, Fashion News and Features Director at shopping bible Lucky, packed her bags and hopped across the pond to find the most fabulous shops some of London‘s neighborhoods have to offer. (After, of course, she spilled her fave NYC hotels to us.) Ford explored two very different areas: Mayfair, “a borough of…
Oyster Hotel Review
Traditional and refined, with a distinguished literary past
Brown's Hotel is a sophisticated, refined property with a buzzing scene that draws locals and visitors alike. The classic lobby has oak-paneled walls, intricate sculpted ceilings, and period fireplaces. The vibe is different in the Donovan Bar, the cocktail bar devoted to the English fashion photographer Terence Donovan. Here frisky photographs are displayed and the decor includes olive-toned walls and black leather furniture. The hotel has a reputation for its historic significance, including being the location where Rudyard Kipling wrote "The Jungle Book" and where Winston Churchill met frequently with diplomats. Celebrated chef Mark Hix brings even more attention to the hotel with his local and seasonal restaurant, devoted to supporting local farmers. In the English Tea Room, traditional afternoon tea is served in a bright, cozy space.
Near transport in prestigious Mayfair
Brown's Hotel is located a four-minute walk from the Green Park tube station in prestigious Mayfair. This affluent neighborhood is an easy walk from major London attractions including Piccadilly Circus and Buckingham Palace.
- 10-minute walk to Piccadilly Circus station and theater district
- 14-minute walk to Buckingham Palace
- 15-minute walk to West End shopping district including Selfridge's
- 8-minute tube ride to Westminster station including Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 9-minute tube ride to Knightsbridge station and Knightsbridge shopping district including designer shops and Harrods
- 10-minute tube ride to Charing Cross station and Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern, and the Southbank
- 10-minute tube ride to Covent Garden and more West End theaters
- 19-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate station and Portobello Market
A mixture of traditional and contemporary luxury
No two of the 117 rooms (including 29 suites) at Brown's Hotel are the same. This historic hotel is made up of 11 Georgian townhouses, resulting in rooms with individual character. All rooms are comfortable with plush furnishings and a soft color palette. Most have either limestone or marble bathrooms (some with separate soaking tubs and walk-in showers). Room amenities include stocked minibars, iPod docking stations, and big flat-screen TVs. Some rooms have family configurations that are ideal for guests traveling with kids.
- Junior Suites have an open plan sitting room and bedroom
- Suites include free perks such as full English breakfast, in-room check-in service, unpacking and packing service, one free garment pressing, free bottle of Ruinart Champagne, two half-hour treatments at the spa, and free in-house films.
- The Rudyard Kipling suite is a huge space with a luxurious blend of traditional furniture and contemporary art supplied by Rocco Forte's sister, Olga Polizzi. This is where Kipling wrote his famous novel "The Jungle Book."
A small but elegant spa and a modern fitness center
Excellent amenities are a highlight at Brown's Hotel, and include a small but elegant spa and modern fitness room.
- Small but appealing fitness room, with light wood floors and mirrors. Cardio machines, weight training machines, a stretching area with exercise balls, fresh fruit, and towels are all available.
- Spa with three treatment rooms, including one couples' treatment room, and heated treatment beds.
- Business center with two computer stations and a printer
- Meeting spaces available
All-Inclusive / Food
A restaurant by celebrated English chef Mark Hix, and a sassy bar dedicated to British photographer Terence Donovan
HIX Mayfair is an upscale restaurant run by celebrated English chef Mark Hix. The menu features classic British dishes along with lighter seafood dishes and is devoted to sourcing local and seasonal ingredients. Hix strongly believes in supporting local farmers.
Donovan's Bar displays frisky photographs from celebrated British fashion photographer Terence Donovan and is a comfortable spot for a cocktail. On the more traditional and refined side is the English Tea Room, where tiered platters of sandwiches, scones, and pastries are served for afternoon tea.
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.