- Kitschy motel decor in some rooms, uninspired decor in others
- A longer walk from some of Ogunquit's sites (trolley ride required)
- Old tube TVs in most rooms
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
On a tidal river, a short distance from Ogunquit's shops and restaurants
Like almost all properties in Ogunquit, the Dunes on the Waterfront is within walking distance of most of Ogunquit's restaurants and shops that run along Main Street. The tidal river that gives the hotel its peaceful views also makes reaching the beach on foot slightly more difficult: It's about a 16-minute walk along Main Street to reach the sand. Luckily, the hotel provides rowboats that adventurous guests can use to cross the river at high tide and reach the beach.
There's no doubt in anyone's mind that Ogunquit is one of the most picturesque seaside towns in New England: Even the town's name is Algonquin for "beautiful place by the sea." Whether you're taking in breathtaking views on Marginal Way's scenic Cliffside footpath, catching a trolley to lounge on the beach, enjoying the fantastic dining, or perusing the small mom-&-pop shops, there is something to keep everyone entertained. Ogunquit is a surprisingly walkable place: Most visitors won't need a car to get around town. It's location on the southern part of Maine's coast also makes driving there from Boston or other areas of New England relatively easy.
The town takes great pride in its vibrant LGBT community and is home to gay-oriented festivals and events. The year-round locals are welcoming to the tourists who come to the town in droves during weekends in the summer.
- 46-minute drive to Portland International Jetport
- 16-minute walk to the beach
- 16-minute walk to the Blacksmiths Mall Shopping Center
- 18-minute walk to the scenic seaside walking path on Marginal Way
- 3-minute drive to the Ogunquit Playhouse
- 51-minute drive to Portland
- 1-hour-23-minute drive to Boston
Rooms and Rates
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||518 Main St, Ogunquit, Maine 03907-3212, United States|