- Waterfront property with gorgeous ocean views
- Simple, classic rooms with kitchenettes and lounge spaces
- Some rooms with fireplaces , large balconies , and flat-screen TVs
- Excellent location near downtown Ogunquit and Marginal Way
- Free Wi-Fi and continental breakfast
- Extras include spa , Jacuzzi , sauna , fitness room , and kids' play room
- Pub fare and signature cocktails at Bawdy Sally's Pub
- Family-run hotel dedicated to green initiatives
- Summer weddings can be noisy
- Some rooms have extremely small bathrooms
- Older buildings on property in need of renovation
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A relaxing inn that's been family-run for three generations
The Beachmere Inn is a private, secluded inn that offers simple, clean rooms and dedicates itself to personalized service. The scene here is a relaxed one, as most visitors are content to enjoy the scenery with a stroll along the ocean on the Marginal Way or to read a good book on a private balcony. There is a pub within the inn, Bawdy Sally's , for light bites and evening cocktails. The inn is a short walk from Ogunquit, for visitors looking for a local dining, nightlife, and shopping scene. The Beachmere Inn offers a family-friendly environment, and every year, there are generations of families that plan an annual trip to the inn, often staying in the same room year after year. Many famous people have been attracted to the peaceful atmosphere as well, including Richard Nixon, Rachael Ray, and Bette Davis.
Sweeping views of Ogunquit Beach
The Beachmere Inn offers spectacular views from a cliff top overlooking Ogunquit Beach and is also close to downtown. Ogunquit is known for great shopping, theater, and restaurants (and for being Maine's top LGBT destination), and is only a short walk from the hotel. The Marginal Way cliff walk begins right outside the hotel, and stretches along the shoreline for about a mile and a half.
The Beachmere Inn is located in a secluded and private area of the Maine coast. While other parts of Maine are easily accessible by public transportation, including buses and trains, most visitors prefer a car for exploring this part of the state. The Beachmere Inn can be a great launching point for visiting nearby towns including York -- known for its famed Cape Neddick Lighthouse -- or Dock Square, home to cute shops and galleries. Excellent shopping is also nearby in Kittery Hall, home to several outlet stores.
City life isn't too far away in Portland, Maine. Located north of the Beachmere Inn, Portland offers a range of shopping, sightseeing, and dining options. Top attractions include the historic Old Port district along the harbor and the Arts District along Congress Street. Portland attracts food lovers for its developing restaurant scene while nature lovers are drawn to the several historic parks in the city.
- 80-minute drive from Boston, Massachusetts
- 50-minute drive from Portland, Maine
- 10-minute walk to downtown Ogunquit
- 10-minute drive to York
- 20-minute drive to Kennebunkport, Maine
- 20-minute drive to the Kittery Outlet Malls
Simple, classic rooms, spread across six buildings
Rooms vary greatly at the Beachmere Inn, for size, space, views, and amenities. The charming Victorian building has some of the best views , as do the luxury suites in Beachmere West. All rooms are decorated similarly with blonde wood furnishings and simple decor. While not luxurious, rooms are clean, comfortable, and cozy. Extra amenities available in some rooms include fireplaces , kitchenettes , spacious balconies , and flat-screen TVs . All rooms offer free Wi-Fi.
The Bullfrog Cottage stands out from the rest -- and not in a good way. It is set off property, does not offer ocean views, and has dated decor, kitchenettes, and bathrooms.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free continental breakfast
- Natura Green bath products
- Air conditioning
- Convenient kitchenettes
- Cable TV (flat-screens in some rooms) with VCR/DVD
- Some rooms in the Victorian Inn, Beachmere South, and Beachmere West have ocean views.
- Some rooms have private decks , balconies, or terraces.
- Rooms with fireplaces can come with either wood-burning, gas, or Duraflame log fireplaces.
- Beachmere West is the newest building, with 16 luxury suites.
- Mayfair is separated from the main property and offers two suites with private parking.
- Hearthstone is a three bed, two-and-a-half bath historic house with balconies, full renovated kitchen, dining room, laundry facilities, and daily housekeeping.
- Bullfrog Cottage is a five-minute walk from the main property on a quiet residential street. While it offers a private, fenced-in backyard and barbecue, there are no ocean views and rooms, kitchenettes, and bathrooms are in need of renovations.
Rooms and Rates
A relaxing spa, casual pub, and equipped fitness room
The Beachmere Inn offers many features that make it an especially appealing pick on the Maine coast. In addition to ocean views and the Ogunquit Beach, the inn also offers a fitness room , spa with two treatment rooms, Jacuzzi , sauna , and kids' play room . A oceanside trail called the Marginal Way begins right outside the inn and stretches for a mile and a half along the ocean. Free Wi-Fi and free continental breakfast in Bawdy Sally's Pub are also on offer.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free continental breakfast
- Bawdy Sally’s Pub for breakfast or cocktails and light pub fare in the evening
- Surfing or paddleboard lessons in the summer, in partnership with Liquid Dreams Surf crew
- Spa in Beachmere West with Jacuzzi, sauna, massage rooms, exercise room, and kids’ play room
- Exercise room with cardio machines , free weights , and kids’ play room
- Close proximity to the Marginal Way trail
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||62 Beachmere Place, Ogunquit, Maine 03907, United States|