Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A beautiful hotel in an evolving neighborhood
The Eventi Hotel is one of the highlights in a humdrum section of northern Chelsea that's home to knock-off vendors, discount emporiums, and flower warehouses. Its beautifully designed lobby, modern, spacious rooms, and friendly, professional service make it an excellent place to stay, and its location is convenient for getting around the city, with eight subway lines only four blocks away.
Although there's not a ton nearby in the way of nightlife and dining, the opening of the Eventi in June 2010 is a sign that the neighborhood is evolving. The Ace Hotel enlivened the neighborhood with its popular restaurant and bars when it opened in 2009, and the hotel's own farm-to-table restaurant, Humphrey's, has helped further the area's development.
A few minutes' walk to the Empire State building, Madison Square Garden, and other popular tourist destinations
What this slightly boring pocket of northern Chelsea lacks in nightlife and dining, it makes up for in convenience: the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, Penn Station, Madison Square Park, the New York Public Library, and the world's first Macy's are within walking distance, and Times Square is a short subway ride away.
- Four blocks south of Herald Square, home to eight subway lines (B,D, F, M, N, Q, R) and Macy's flagship store
- Five-minute walk to the the 1, 2, 3 subway lines and Penn Station
- Five-minute walk to Madison Square Garden
- Six-minute walk to the Empire State Building
- Seven-minute walk to Madison Square Park (home to Shake Shack, one of New York's most popular burger joints)
- 15-minute walk to Bryant Park and the New York Public Library
- 10-minute subway ride to Times Square
- 15-minute subway ride to Rockefeller Center
- 15-minute subway ride to Central Park
- 30-minute subway ride to the ferry terminal to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- 15-minute subway ride to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- 35-minute subway ride to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the Met)
- King Rooms, the most basic room type, are located on floors 6 through 12 and are 275 square feet -- well above average for New York City.
- Queen, Queen Rooms feature two queen beds and are 300 square feet
- King Deluxe Rooms are 300-square-foot corner units on floors 6 through 12
- Cityview King Rooms, located on floors 14 and above, are the same size as King Rooms (275 square feet) but have better views
- Cityview Deluxe King Rooms are 300-square-foot corner units on the 14th floor or higher
- Executive One-Bedroom Suites are 380 square feet and have a king bed and a separate living room with a pull-out couch
- Premier One-Bedroom Suites have 475 square feet of space, a king bed, and a separate living room with a pull-out couch
- The Veranda One-Bedroom Suite on the fifth floor is 950 square feet and has a 1,500-square-foot private balcony, a king bed and a separate living room
- The Eventi One-Bedroom Suite on the fifth floor is 1,400 square feet and features a 3,000-square-foot balcony, a king bed, a separate living room, and a dining room with a table that seats eight
- The One-Bedroom Suite on the 23rd floor is 850 square feet and has a king bed, a separate living room, and views of the Empire State building. An additional guest room can connect with the space to form the Two-Bedroom Suite.
All rooms include:
- 37-inch flat-screen TVs
- iPod docks
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- Frette linens
- Evening turndown service
- Free morning newspaper
- Etro toiletries
- Fee for Wi-Fi, but free Kimpton InTouch members. The membership program is free to join.
Rooms and Rates
A gym, business center, and free nightly wine hours
- 24-hour fitness center with ellipticals, treadmills, stationary bikes and weight-training machines
- 24-hour room service
- Free nightly wine reception
- 24-hour business center
- On-site parking garage
- 20,000 square feet of meeting and event space
- Free morning coffee and tea
- "VIK" (Very Important Kids) program offers free kid perks, such as bike rentals, turndown hula hoop delivery, and milk and cookies at story time
- The Veranda -- Eventi's fifth-floor outdoor courtyard -- is a 4,500 square foot wraparound space that overlooks Sixth Avenue and has a great view of the Empire State Building. The Veranda is accessible by two of the Eventi's most luxurious suites (The Veranda and The Eventi) and the screening room.
Humphrey's opened in 2012, serving up farm-to-table American
Humphrey's, on the hotel's second floor, is a stylish farm-to-table restaurant. The restaurant opened in 2012, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and has a trendy lounge area for private events.
The hotel also features pop-up restaurants occasionally, and are usually grab-and-go style.
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||851 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue), New York City, New York 10001, United States|
|Also Known As||