Langham Place Fifth AvenueMidtown East, New York City, New York
Flights for this trip with Skyscanner.com
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 5 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
A luxury hotel that caters to well-heeled leisure and business travelers, with huge rooms, a renowned restaurant and a full-service spa
The 214 rooms of Langham Place (which sit beneath 184 residential condos) are housed in a modern, 60-story glass tower that was built from the ground up for the hotel's opening in 2010. Soaring above the nearby buildings, the hotel has changed the landscape of its midtown neighborhood in more ways than one, with a monopoly on 5-star luxury in a previously unexciting area.
That said, the long, yellow-lit front desk and a dramatic winding staircase do give the lobby some nice flair. Off the lobby is the big Bar on Fifth, where business associates sip on cocktails and, along with guests, listen to nightly live jazz music. One flight up is restaurateur Michael White's acclaimed Ai Fiori and its accompanying bar, serving cutting-edge Italian fare for three meals a day.
But it's the service that sets a hotel like this apart, and guests are attended to from the moment they walk in. In fact, a personal concierge will call you before you arrive, to see if you need help with things like dinner reservations. Now add a salon and the Auriga spa to the list of offerings, and you've got the makings of one of the top luxury hotels in New York.
In the heart of Manhattan, steps away from the main tourist sites and 15 subway lines
This 60-story tower is located on (you guessed it) Fifth Avenue, one of the world's most famous streets, in the heart of Manhattan. During the day, the block is constantly busy with pedestrians and a steady stream of cars, but come nightfall the immediate area is fairly desolate (the lack of bars or restaurants nearby leads to a drop off in foot traffic). Yet Langham Place Fifth Avenue is incredibly convenient for tourists: Several of New York's biggest sites and shopping areas are within walking distance, and 15 subway lines are just blocks away.
Nearby are the Empire State Building, the Fifth Avenue shopping district, Times Square and the Theater District, and Bryant Park and the New York Public Library. Other attractions within walking distance include Rockefeller Center, the Chrysler Building, and the UN building.
- Within 6 blocks of 15 subway lines: the 1, 2, 3, N, R, Q and 7 at Times Square, the 4, 5, 6, 7 and S at Grand Central Station, and B, D, F, M and 7 at Bryant Park.
- 4-minute walk to the Empire State Building
- 8-minute walk to Times Square
- 8-minute walk to Grand Central Station
- 13-minute walk to Rockefeller Center
- 20-minute walk to the Museum of Modern Art
- 15 minutes by subway to SoHo neighborhood
- 25 minutes by subway to Wall Street
- 25-minute drive to LaGuardia Airport
- 40-minute drive to John F. Kennedy Airport
- 40-minute drive to Newark Airport
The rooms at Langham Place are huge and well-equipped -- but the minimalist decor can make them feel empty.
The large rooms and suites at Langham Place, which start at 400 square feet, all have king beds and the same top-notch amenities, including iPod docks, TVs in the bathrooms, and luxury linens and bedding. The beautiful, spacious bathrooms all have tubs and separate showers with rain showerheads. However, the sparse decoration (the bare walls could use some art) are a bit of a letdown.
All rooms include:
- Duxania king bed
- Pratesi linens
- Beautiful bathroom with separate tub and shower with rain showerhead; Grohe fixtures; and high-end Italian bath products
- Turkish towels and Madison Collection robes
- Nespresso coffeemaker and free espresso beans
- Lorenzo Villoresi Firenze for Botega toiletries
- 52-inch flat-screen TV
- iPod dock
- DVD player
- 19-inch TV embedded into bathroom mirror
- Free Wi-Fi
- Twice-daily maid service and turndown service
- Free newspaper delivery
- Free Wi-Fi
Everything you'd expect from a luxury hotel, plus a personal concierge
- The spa has 11 treatment rooms, an ice cave, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, a steam room, and a hammam.
- 24-hour fitness center. Guests can also request private yoga or reiki lessons, or take a group class
- Julien Farel Salon offers hair, makeup and nail service.
- In-room massage service
- 24-hour business center with free access to computers, fax machines, printers and scanners
- A large event space that can be divided into three independent meeting rooms, and a conference room with AV equipment and wireless Internet access
- Each guest will receive a call from a personal concierge before arriving at the hotel to ask if you need help with dinner reservations or any other basics for your stay
- Babysitting services
A formal French-Italian restaurant and a bar with nightly live jazz
- Ai Fiori is a Michelin-starred French-Italian restaurant from chef Michael White, serving dishes like slow-poached egg with lobster and sweetbreads. Guests can also choose to sit at the bar, which is just outside the restaurant.
- Bar on Fifth is a big, fairly low-key bar with a fireplace that attracts mostly corporate types.
- 24-hour in-room dining
Customers Who Viewed Langham Place Fifth Avenue Also Viewed
Things You Should Know About Langham Place Fifth Avenue
Address400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, New York 10018-2753, United States
- Deluxe Room
- Deluxe Terrace Room
- Premier Avenue Room
- Premier Room
- Standard Room
- Studio Suite
- Superior Room
- Terrace Studio Suite