Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Charming Victorian grandeur
Built in 1887, this inn has preserved its original Victorian grandeur, with features like stained glass windows, a hand-carved oak staircase, an 1883 Steinway grand piano, and seven roof gables. A free cook-to-order breakfast and free evening wine and cheese tastings in the parlor provide bed-and-breakfast charm.
Bankers Hill neighborhood near Balboa Park
The inn is located in Bankers Hill, two blocks from Balboa Park with its many museums and gardens, and near the San Diego Zoo and Little Italy. The historic Gaslamp Quarter and Old Town San Diego are also a short drive away.
- 10-minute walk to Balboa Park
- 6-minute drive to Little Italy
- 7-minute drive to the San Diego Zoo
- 8-minute drive to Gaslamp Quarter
- 9-minute drive to Old Town San Diego
- 9-minute drive to the San Diego International Airport
- 15-minute drive to Coronado Beach
The nine rooms in the Britt Scripps Inn are equipped with flat-screen TVs, high-end bath products, and elegant antique-style furnishings. Each room's decor is different, with styles ranging from renaissance to Asian, and all have a quaint, romantic vibe. Rooms on the second floor tend to be a little quieter.
All rooms include:
- 1,000-thread-count sheets
- 24-hour butler service from a full-time butler (who also serves breakfast)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- 19-inch or larger flat-screen TV
- DVD player
- Heated towel rack
- Renaissance: Queen bed; located on the second floor; claw-foot tub with a rain showerhead
- Balboa: King bed; located on the second floor; claw-foot tub with a rain showerhead; balcony with furniture
- Governors Room: Queen bed; located on the second floor; rain showerhead; decorative fireplace
- Library: Queen bed; located on the first floor; tub with rain showerhead; bay window; wheelchair accessible
- Garden: Split king bed; located on the first floor; rain showerhead
- Aesthetic: Queen bed; located on the second floor; claw-foot tub/shower; Asian-influenced decor
- Gothic: Queen bed; located on the second floor; claw-foot tub/shower; balcony/porch
- Carriage House: Queen bed; located in a separate garden cottage; Jacuzzi tub; front porch
- Golden Oak: Queen bed; located on the first floor; rain showerhead; walk-out porch
Rooms and Rates
Free made-to-order breakfast and wine tastings
- Free wine and hors d’oeuvres served in the parlor from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Free hot American breakfast with a la carte menu served daily. The menu is different each morning, but might include items like croissant french toast or two eggs any style served with bacon or sausage.
- Free parking
- 24-hour butler service from a full-time butler
- 24-hour front desk staff
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||406 Maple Street, San Diego, CA 92103|