Oyster's Fact or Fakeout: $70 Million Hotel Rooms, Kanye and Kim's Spacious London Getaway, and More!
Star Lounge at The Ritz-Carlton New York Central Park; New York, NY
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Las Vegas hotelier Steve Wynn recently bought The Ritz-Carlton New York Central Park’s Penthouse, which spans two floors and has an 800-square-foot closet, for $70 million.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Several Lower Manhattan hotels are looking to boost their weekend stays by offering free tickets for tourist cruise tours when booking a two-night stay.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Hilton San Francisco Union Square has decided to close the hotel fitness center and provide in-room equipment instead to cut costs.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas fired an employee for saying “bye bye” on the phone to a guest instead of “good bye”.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Kanye West booked an entire floor at The Lanesborough, a St. Regis Hotel while on a romantic getaway with new girlfriend (and our fave reality starlet) Kim Kardashian.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! The tycoon’s new apartment also boasts 26 windows gazing out at Central Park, a 900-square-foot ballroom, and several terraces. Not bad.
2. FACT! Participating hotels include the Andaz Wall Street, the Cosmopolitan Hotel, the Gild Hall, the Millenium Hilton and the Smyth Hotel.
3. FAKEOUT! Hilton Hotels is testing the Yoga and Cardio Rooms, which include workout equipment, at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square and the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, but the fitness centers will remain open.
4. FACT! The plaintiff says it’s merely a pretext and that she had been subject to harassing conduct because of her pregnancy.
5. FAKEOUT! Kanye did book an entire floor at the hotel, but that’s because he was playing a show in London. The Kardashians just happened to be there while shooting their show’s new season. Yeah, right.