- Exclusive location overlooking Hyde Park in Knightsbridge
- Luxurious rooms with palatial bathrooms and big flat-screen TVs
- Excellent freebies including butler service, Wi-Fi, and fresh fruit
- Some rooms have incredible views overlooking Hyde Park
- Excellent fine dining at Michelin-rated Apsleys restaurant
- Cozy ground floor piano bar and traditional afternoon tea
- Small spa studio and fitness studio
- Fantastic service and attention to detail
- Premium rates for everything
Oyster Hotel Panoramas
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A lavish hotel with a fantastic restaurant and elegant piano bar
The Lanesborough is styled after an early 19th century luxury residence. Common areas such as the Library Bar provide cozy areas for lounging. Rooms are elegant and stately, with much of the original period architecture preserved, including high ceilings and sculpted woodwork. Rich window dressings evoke a past era in English history.
The scene here is focused on excellent service. Rooms all have free butler service and the classic afternoon tea is fantastic. From the piano bar to Apsleys restaurant, the Lanesborough is a refined London experience.
Near transport, neighboring luxurious Belgravia and prestigious Mayfair
The Lanesborough is located a one-minute walk from the Hyde Park Corner Station in Knightsbridge. The hotel neighbors luxurious Belgravia and prestigious Mayfair. Belgravia is best known for being a wealthy residential district south of Knightsbridge with a good number of embassies and Buckingham Palace nearby. Mayfair is a bustling, upscale district as well. A number of London attractions such as Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace are an easy stroll away from the hotel.
- 2-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 6-minute walk to Green Park
- 10-minute walk to Buckingham Palace
- 12-minute walk to Knightsbridge shopping district, including designer shops and Harrods
- 9-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus Station and Piccadilly theaters
- 12-minute tube ride to Covent Garden and more theaters
- 14-minute tube ride to Westminster station including Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 17-minute tube ride to Charing Cross station and Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern, and the Southbank
- 19-minute tube ride to Bond Street Station and West End shopping district, including Selfridge’s
- 19-minute tube ride to Tottenham Court Road Station and Soho
Elegant and stately, with luxurious decor and services
The Lanesborough is a luxury property where half the rooms are suites. An emphasis is placed on space, comfort, and free services. Rooms are furnished in light, pleasant palettes and reflect the regency period of the 1820s. All rooms have a 24-hour butler (services includes packing and unpacking) along with free Wi-Fi, laptops, fresh fruit, mineral water, and luxury bathrobes and slippers. In-room business services include stationary and private phone and fax lines. There is also an interactive TV system with movies.
- Butler service
- Free coffee or tea
- Interactive TV system with movies
- Customized stationary and business cards
- Free fruit and sparkling water
- Nomenclature for this hotel is a little confusing. Double Rooms are actually bigger than Queen Rooms, and sometimes have a king-size bed; Queen Rooms all have queen-size beds.
- Junior Suites have generous space with open plan sitting areas and bathrooms with Carrerra marble and soaking tubs.
- Executive Junior Suites feature bathrooms with Carrerra marble, soaking tubs, and separate showers.
- Specialty suites have a separate living room and dining room.
Rooms and Rates
A specialty cigar smoking room, and a modest but luxurious spa
Beyond the elegant rooms and suites, features at the Lanesborough make this hotel particularly luxurious.
Michelin-star Italian cuisine by Heinz Beck, and a bar with a vintage cognacs cabinet
One highlight of the Lanesborough is Apsleys, a Heinz Beck Restaurant, a restaurant with one Michelin-star. Renowned Italian chef Heinz Beck is in charge of the kitchen that became the fastest London restaurant to be awarded a Michelin star.
The Library Bar has traditional oak paneling along with dramatic red and bronze drapery. The highlight here is a collection of vintage cognacs, which can be found in wall display cases and bespoke cocktails.
- Afternoon tea service at Apsleys under the supervision of the Executive Head Chef of The Lanesborough, Paul Gayler, and a dedicated tea sommelier.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Hyde Park Corner, London SW1X 7TA, United Kingdom|
|Phone||44 (207) 259-5599|
|Also Known As||