1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Jennifer Aniston’s assistants got in a fight with a Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado employee after overhearing him chatting with a guest about the actress’s presence at the hotel.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? A Russian firm is so worried about the Mayan end-of-the-world prediction that it has designed a floating hotel that can withstand most natural disasters, including rising sea levels and earthquakes.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills has just launched a program that allows guests to check in via Skype while on their way to the hotel.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is allowing guests to send in suggestions for new food and drink specials through the end of the month.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Madonna has announced plans to get into the hotel industry next year and has partnered with her brother, Christopher Ciccone, to carry out the project.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! Aniston’s assistants didn't get in a fight, but did notify the hotel they'd overheard the conversation. The incident ultimately cost the employee -- who claimed he only confirmed that she was a guest and pointed out she was “very sweet and much more petite than I thought" -- his job.
2. FACT! Remistudio has equipped the Ark Hotel with solar panels, rainwater collection systems, and self-cleaning exteriors.
3. FACT! The program is in its pilot phase and is available at several other properties as well, including the Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo.
4. FAKEOUT! Unfortunately, the hotel has only invited food bloggers and online editors to work with the chef of this and other IHG properties, but not guests. The first person to participate in the program was Anne Dolce of “The Daily Meal."
5. FAKEOUT! It’s Madonna’s brother who has decided to expand his brand by opening a hotel, but as far as we know the artist is not involved in the project.