Oyster's Fact or Fakeout: In-Room Gambling, Guest Nutrition Advisers, and More!
Pool at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa; Atlantic City, NJ
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa has launched an in-room gambling program that allows guests to gamble through their TV sets.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Angelica Huston and Donna Karan were recently seen partying at The Surrey in New York until the wee hours.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The B Ocean Fort Lauderdale is offering several special promos for March 1st that include $13 rooms, breakfast buffets for $13 and two cocktails for $13, as the date will be palindrome (3/1/13).
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Peninsula Beverly Hills has an on-site Nutrition Adviser who works upon request with the hotel’s chefs to create healthy meals for each guest.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Comfort Hotel Grand Central in Oslo is housed in the city’s original train station, built in 1854.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! The Borgata is the first hotel in the U.S. to allow guests to gamble from their rooms. It is currently running a 90-day trial period of the e-casino program.
2. FAKEOUT! Huston was actually directing Karan’s short film “Haven’t We Met Before?” at the hotel’s Pleiades Bar, not partying. Felicity Jones and Jack Davenport play the main roles.
3. FAKEOUT! The hotel offered the promo for December 12th, 2012 (12/12/12), but there are no such special offers announced for March 1st. Yet?
4. FACT! The Nutrition Adviser evaluates each dish, and takes into account any dietary restrictions the guest may have. A selection of the recipes can be found in two books that are available for purchase at the hotel.
5. FACT! The hotel has preserved many of the original architectural details, and is connected to the new Central Station, which is Oslo’s main transportation hub.