Best Western Adirondack InnLake Placid, New York, United States
- Hotel and room decor are dated; renovations needed
- Some rooms have tube TVs
- Most balconies are shared with neighbors and don't offer views
- No restaurants on-site
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 8 Amenities
- 36 Deluxe Room
- 12 Pool
- 11 Restaurants and Bars
- 31 Standard Room -Two Queen Beds
- 50 Suite
Oyster Hotel Review
A casual, chalet-style setting for people on the go
If not for the large Best Western logo on the sign, you would never guess this to be a chain hotel. The authentic stone and wood structure fits into the mountain backdrop, and is ideal for the apres ski crowd looking for a place to crash and grab breakfast in the morning. Because of its small size, parking and check-in is a breeze. Next to the front desk is the cozy lobby, which has a fireplace, cushy seating areas and board games. In the summer, there is a wooden deck to enjoy views of the Olympic Center before heading out to explore.
Ideally located on Main Street, just steps from downtown Lake Placid
Perfectly situated on Main Street, the Best Western Adirondack Inn is just across the street from the Olympic Center (both the 1932 and 1980 Olympics were held here) and next to Mirror Lake beach. Downtown is two blocks away, featuring shopping, restaurants, and bars.
- 27-minute drive to Adirondack Regional Airport
- 4-minute walk to the Lake Placid Golf Club
- 5-minute walk to downtown Lake Placid
- 5-minute walk to Mirror Lake beach
- 4-minute drive to the Olympic Sports Complex and the Olympic Ski Jumping Complex
- 6-minute drive to Jon Brown’s Farm
- 13-minute drive to High Falls Gorge
- 15-minute drive to Whiteface Mountain Ski Center
- 24-minute drive to Santa’s Workshop
- 40-minute drive to The Wild Center
- 1-hour-14-minute drive to the Adirondack Museum
This alpine-style property comes with 49 non-smoking rooms and suites.
Rooms at the Best Western Adirondack Inn are plainly decorated with a “rustic” style and are in need of some updates, particularly where the bathrooms and technology are concerned. But overall, this family-run business is kept clean and provides good quality for the price compared with other area hotels.
- Bathrooms, featuring standard shower/tub combos, are in need of an update.
- Deluxe rooms have cathedral-style ceilings with exposed wood beams and access to the long communal balcony with deck chairs. Some Deluxe rooms have a pull-out sofa, as well as a mountain or partial lake view.
- Suites have a separate sitting room and double-glass sliding doors with semi-private balconies. Choose from a mountain view or lake view. There is also an option for two connecting suites with Jacuzzi tubs.
Free breakfast, Wi-Fi, and an indoor pool help make this a decent budget hotel option for the area.
- Cozy living-room-style lobby with fireplace, leather furniture, books and games
- A basic indoor pool with Jacuzzi and lounge chairs, though they lack comfortable cushions
- An older sauna that takes time to get going
- A small fitness center featuring basic equipment
- An outdoor deck with tables and chairs overlooking the Olympic Center
- Free hot breakfast in the spacious dining room
- Game room with billiards and foosball tables
- Free Wi-Fi and parking
- Rear garden patio with outdoor seating during the summer
- View Full List of Amenities
Customers Who Viewed Best Western Adirondack Inn Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
When most people visit New York, they stay confined to the city limits. But while the Big Apple has its…
Things You Should Know About Best Western Adirondack Inn
Address2625 Main Street, Lake Placid, New York 12946, United States
- Deluxe Balcony Suite
- First Floor King Guest Room
- First Floor Two Queens Guest Room
- Jacuzzi Suite
- Second Floor Guest Room