OH MY GOD, we never thought it would happen! After all, Brad has pledged numerous times that he and Angelina would not marry until all Americans could legally tie the knot. But sometimes, love just can't wait. So its official --the couple is engaged and Brangelina will become Mr. and Mrs. Smith, er, Pitt, presumably sometime this summer. For the past seven years, they've been a Hollywood dream couple that we just knew would stay together forever. [Ed. note: Before them, it was Brad and Jen, but that's neither here nor there...] And whenever there's a momentous occasion in Hollywood such as this, we like to take a look back at the moments that made it all happen...and of course, the hotels where all of those moments went down. Check out the hotels that led Brad and Angelina to the altar -- or at least to their engagement -- after the jump!
The Hotel: Shutters On The Beach -- Los Angeles
- Why It's Important: It's where it all started.
- Although Brad and Angelina have always denied an extramarital start to their relationship, rumors started swirling of an affair the moment cameras started rolling on the set of Mr. & Mrs. Smith back in 2004. At a press conference at Shutters for the film, the stars sat and answered questions -- but refused to answer any questions about their relationship. Were they shacked up at the hotel? I guess we'll never know. But soon enough, they were officially a couple -- when Angie announced she was pregnant.
The Hotel: Caneel Bay, A Rosewood Resort -- St. John
- Why It's Important: It's the spot where the new fam vacationed.
- Brangelina jetted away on one of their first family vacations to Caneel Bay, not long after baby Shiloh was born. Built from a historic sugar plantation, this profoundly serene 166-room resort sits on 170 acres of a protected national park dotted with seven remote beaches. The clan -- with only half the brood they have now -- stayed at the resort's secluded and luxurious Cottage 7, the former home of Laurance Rockefeller.
The Hotel: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino -- Las Vegas
- Why It's Important: Pitt showed how much he loves daddy duty.
- The way to Angie's heart is clearly through her kids -- she claims she fell in love with Brad when Maddox called him "dad" while the three were playing with cars on a hotel room floor. And clearly Brad's love for kids wasn't just to impress Angelina. He constantly takes on daddy duty -- and enjoys it -- like when he brought Maddox and Pax to the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas in 2009, and then treated them to a Cirque du Soleil performance at the MGM Grand.
The Hotel: Mandarin Oriental Washington D.C.
- Why It's Important: Brangelina proved that they're a power couple -- on and off-screen.
- Not only can Brad and Angelina juggle a family of eight, but they can do it while saving the world -- in the movies and in real life. The couple spent time at the Mandarin in D.C. in 2009 while she filmed Salt and he lobbied for more aggressive reconstruction in New Orleans. And Angie is no stranger to good deeds -- she probably liked the hotel's proximity to the UN, for which she is a Goodwill Ambassador.
The Hotel: The Waldorf Astoria -- New York City
- Why It's Important: Brangelina survived rumors of infidelity -- once again -- but this time, on Angelina's end.
- Their relationship may have started amidst rumors of infidelity, but in 2010 it got even more scandalous when a Waldorf Astoria employee claimed that Angelina was hiding a torid affair with a dialect coach at the iconic hotel. Even the coach vehemently denied the rumors, so we're writing it up as a fake story from a fame-hungry wannabe. But it just goes to show that Brangelina doesn't care about gossip.
The Hotel: Sunset Tower Hotel -- Los Angeles
- Why It's Important: It's where the writing was on the wall.
- In January, Angelina and Brad were spotted being very affectionate at the Golden Globes after-party at the Sunset Tower Hotel. And it comes as no surprise; earlier in the night, Angie gushed that Brad was prettier than she, and that at the end of the night, she most looked forward to "getting in bed with Brad." If that doesn't sound like love -- and lust -- we don't know what does. We have a feeling Brangelina may have decided to tie the knot that night -- it's just that her fabulous diamond ring took some extra time to be ready!