- Contemporary boutique hotel with prime location near Plaza Catalunya
- Sleek rooms with bright red accents and funky silver light installations
- All rooms have flat-screen TVs, minibars, and big windows with great views
- Designer bathrooms with rainforest showerheads
- Pretty outdoor garden and stylish terrace for drinks and tapas
- Restaurant Nineteen serves Mediterranean cuisine and buffet breakfast
- Suites have more amenities including big Jacuzzi tubs
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- No outdoor pool or fitness center
- Bathrooms have glass dividers, which may lack privacy
The Olivia Plaza Hotel has a prime location across from Plaza Catalunya in Barcelona. This 113-room boutique hotel has contemporary flair with bright red accents and funky silver light installations. All rooms have flat-screen TVs, minibars, big windows with great views, and free Wi-Fi. Ask for a room on the higher floors for glimpses of the Port of Barcelona. Designer bathrooms with rainfall showerheads are sleek, but glass dividers make for less privacy. Rooms with true king-size beds (not always easy to find in Europe) are on offer here. There are a few notable hotel features, including a stylish roof terrace, peaceful outdoor garden, and full restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine and a buffet breakfast. With a location near public transport and a contemporary lobby with plush couches, this hotel is a comfortable, stylish pick.
Oyster Hotel Review
Olivia Plaza Hotel
In the heart of Barcelona's city center near shopping, restaurants, and nightlife
The Olivia Plaza is located across from Plaza Catalunya in the heart of Barcelona's center. This is an important landmark containing fountains and statues, and is the spot where many of the city's most famous streets meet. For instance, Las Ramblas -- the bustling pedestrian-friendly street mall -- begins here. From this location, guests will have easy walking access to both the old Gothic Quarter as well as the newer Eixample district. The Catalunya Metro Station is located a few blocks away, and many bus stops are nearby, including the Aerobus with direct access from Barcelona International Airport -- a much cheaper alternative than taking a taxi. Though it's not on a hidden, romantic street, the Olivia Plaza Hotel is ideal for those who want to be close to restaurants, shopping, and nightlife.
Barcelona -- a cosmopolitan hub for arts, culture, and nightlife -- is the second largest city in Spain and the capital of Catalonia. Located on the northeast coast of the Iberian Peninsula, the city has a Mediterranean climate with mild, humid winters and warm, dry summers.
- 18-minute drive or 50 minutes by bus to Barcelona International Airport (BCN)
- 8-minute walk to Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art
- 10-minute walk to Town Hall
- 11-minute walk to Gothic Quarter
- 5-minute drive or 8 minutes by train to Placa d'Espanya
- 7-minute drive or 17-minute walk to Columbus Monument
- 10-minute drive or 13 minutes by bus to Sagrada Familia Cathedral
- 10-minute drive or 22 minutes by bus to National Museum of Art of Catalonia
- 13-minute drive or 15 minutes by train to Barceloneta Beach
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.