- Not totally ski-in/ski-out, but walking distance to lift
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- No air conditioning
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Colorado lodge exteriors, and individually decorated units
Mountain Thunder is a typical Colorado-style lodge, with warm wood exteriors and log cabin accents. The lobby is a host of stone and wood details, with a hanging antler chandelier, exposed wood beams and large fireplace.
Most of the individually owned rooms follow suit, with lodge and cabin style decor. A majority are decorated in warm tones -- mostly reds, oranges and forest greens with wood and stone details.
Short walk to town and the Breck-Connect Gondola
Mountain Thunder is a few minutes' walk from the Breck-Connect Gondola, which gives access to most of the runs on the mountain. It's also a five-minute walk to the restaurants and bars on Main Street, the main artery of Breckenridge’s bustling downtown area.
- 2-hour drive from the closest airport, Denver International Airport
- 4-minute walk to the Breck-Connect Gondola
- 9-minute walk to the Breckenridge Welcome Center
- 15-minute walk to the closest brewery, Breckenridge Brewery
- 4-minute drive to the Stephen C. West Ice Arena, for ice skating
- 4-minute drive to City Market, for groceries and resupply
The condos and townhouses at Mountain Thunder are all individually owned, but are held to a decor standard, ensuring a relatively consistent experience. Condos have clean bathrooms with shower/tub combos, terracotta tile, and quality toiletries.
Most condos have balconies with mountain views, and all have large stone fireplaces. The town homes are luxurious and bright, with huge windows, large kitchens and separated living and sleeping spaces (most bedrooms are upstairs).
- Stone fireplaces
- Full kitchens with all necessary appliances and utensils
- Flat-screen TVs
- Free water refreshed daily
- Bathrooms with terracotta tile with shower/tub combos; town homes have separate showers and tubs
- Balconies off most units
- Town homes have one- or two-car garages
Rooms and Rates
- Outdoor year-round pool and three Jacuzzis
- Free Wi-Fi
- Two fitness centers with cardio and strength training equipment; cardio machines lack personal TVs
- Use of One Ski Hill Place’s amenities, which includes media center, bowling alley and billiards room
- Free shuttle for any in-town destinations
- No restaurant, but restaurants on Main Street a short walk away
- Heated underground parking for the condo units, and garages for townhouses
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||50 Mountain Thunder Drive, PO Box 8269, Breckenridge, Colorado 80124, United States|