- Romantic and quiet location on the southern edge of the Hilton Head Plantation
- Pampering spa treatments by reservation
- Relaxing pool area with gazebo-covered Jacuzzi
- Large rooms come with warm, classic decor and homey touches
- Huge bathrooms (some with Jacuzzi tubs) open to a private courtyard or balcony
- Beautiful, manicured grounds
- Free breakfast, Wi-Fi, parking, and evening wine hour
- Somewhat secluded location far from the beach, restaurants, and nightlife
- No restaurant on-site
- Tiny tube TVs
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
On the southern edge of the Hilton Head Plantation -- close to the airport, but far from the action and the beach
The Main Street Inn is located on very southern edge of the Hilton Head Plantation, a huge wooded area that takes up the northern third of the island. There's little in the immediate neighborhood of the property, with the exception of a shopping mall with a couple of restaurants across the street. However, it is right by the William Hilton Highway, which offers easy access to other parts of the island, the airport, and the beaches.
A sports enthusiast's ocean escape, Hilton Head is an action-packed coastal city that has historically attracted an upscale crowd. Although it's surely luxurious, this resort town is equally laidback, boasting calm public beaches and low-key seafood eateries.
Most of Hilton Head's attractions are outdoors. Local golf courses have long been its claim-to-fame, but tennis and horseback riding are also big draws. Book a boat tour, and it's almost guaranteed you'll see dolphins. Local forest preserves offer plenty of wildlife to observe, too, like snowy egret, otters, wild boars, and even alligators.
Known as one of the best spots to vacation on the East Coast, don't mistake Hilton Head's panache for pretentiousness. It's also a hot spot for families with tots in tow, and resorts respond accordingly with both ritzy, world-class hotels and kid-friendly amenities. Foodies, look for hotels along Palmetto Bay Road, which is home to most of the city's restaurants. Golf courses are scattered about the island, but many of the big-name sports resorts can be found on its southern tip.
- 5-minute drive to Hilton Head Airport
- 50-minute drive to Savannah International Airport
- 5-minute drive to a couple of golf courses
- 10-minute drive to Palmetto Bay Road, lined with restaurants and shops
- 17-minute drive to Bluffton, a riverfront town with beautiful historic buildings
- 50-minute drive to Savannah
- 1-hour 15-minute drive to Hunting Island State Park
Rooms and Rates
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||2200 Main Street, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29926|