- Excellent Kensington location on the southwest tip of Hyde Park
- Luxe rooms with serious attention to design, drama, and individual flair
- Stylish and refined boutique hotel offering Italian hospitality
- Elegant spa with full range of treatments and fitness room
- Room perks include free Wi-Fi and Illy espresso machines
- Free chauffeur service in hotel's Jaguar within 1.5-mile radius
- Excellent Mediterranean-inspired restaurant, Brunello
- Five-star service and personal attention to detail
- 10-minute walk to the nearest tube station
- No pool
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
The Baglioni Hotel is home to strong design from the lobby to the rooms to the Brunello Restaurant. Murano glass chandeliers and a gold leaf-paneled reception desk are all striking features. While some boutique hotels don't offer much of a scene, that isn't the case here. In addition to style, this five-pearl hotel also offers a ground floor Mediterranean-inspired restaurant, Brunello. Cozy armchairs and a roaring fireplace set the scene for an indulgent meal paired with fine wines.
On the southwest tip of Hyde Park and overlooking Kensington Palace
The Baglioni Hotel is located in the Kensington neighborhood on the southwest tip of Hyde Park. The area is generally a mix of affluent residents and tourists. While the hotel is a 10-minute walk to the nearest tube station -- High Street Kensington station -- guests can take advantage of the free Jaguar chauffeur service within a 1.5-mile radius. The area is also adjacent to the Knightsbridge shopping district.
- 2-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 2-minute walk to Kensington Palace
- 6-minute walk to the Royal Albert Hall
- 15-minute walk to the Natural History Museum
- 10-minute bus ride to Knightsbridge shopping district
- 13-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Market
- 15-minute tube ride to Sloane Square shopping district and Saatchi Gallery
- 23-minute tube ride to Piccadilly circus and the theater district
- 25-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 25-minute tube ride to Covent Garden and the theater district
Spacious rooms are all individually decorated with contemporary, luxurious decor
Spacious rooms are one of the most appealing features of the Baglioni Hotel. Rooms and suites are designed in clean, classic lines. Textural contrast between dark, lacquered wood flooring and sensual fabrics -- like silk and textile quilted walls or velvet furniture -- create spaces that are both luxe and romantic. On top of contemporary pieces, art brings Italian charm with classics from the Italian Renaissance era.
There are eight different room and suite categories at the Baglioni, yet all rooms will have several things in common. Generous spaces with dark wood floors and lush fabrics also have flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, free Wi-Fi, and an Illy espresso machine. Beyond these common features, room types vary with different amenities.
- A Deluxe Room offers more space than the basic Superior Room as well as the option for a private terrace.
- Executive Rooms are slightly bigger than the Deluxe Rooms, but don't offer terraces.
- Courtyard Junior and Deluxe Junior Suites offer more space and private entrance foyers, along with extra luxurious bathrooms with handmade copper basins imported from Morocco.
- Executive Park View Junior Suites offer views over Kensington Gardens and a second flat-screen TV in the bedroom.
- Deluxe and Executive Suites are larger again, at 540 square feet, and also offer a second flat-screen TV in the bedroom.
- The Chelsea Suite offers sweeping floor-to-ceiling windows, a separate living room and bedroom, and Jacuzzi tub.
- The Kensington Gardens Suite has two separate bathrooms, a working fireplace, and spacious balcony for outdoor dining.
- The Hyde Park Suite is slightly larger than the Kensington Gardens Suite, with a similar room layout but no balcony option.
- The Royal Suite contains three separate bedrooms, each with luxurious en-suite bathrooms, along with two separate reception rooms and working fireplaces.
Rooms and Rates
The Baglioni Hotel offers more features than your average boutique hotel. Here a sophisticated bar offers an array of cocktails, whiskies, cognacs, and cigars. The restaurant, Brunello, serves Mediterranean-inspired cuisine in a cozy environment of plush armchairs and a roaring fireplace. The elegant spa offers a long list of spa treatments with specialty options for pregnant women, and men too.
The Brunello Lounge and Restaurant is a new brand concept developed by the Baglioni group. The head chef is a former Marco Pierre-White trainee, Andrea Vercelli, and concentrates on the simplicity of Italian cooking and outstanding quality ingredients, many imported fresh from Italy.
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||60 Hyde Park Gate, London SW7 5BB, United Kingdom|
|Phone||440 (207) 368-5700|