- Rooms are modern with flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and free Wi-Fi
- Convenient location within walking distance of numerous sight
- Various on-site dining options including a steakhouse and coffee bar
- Well-equipped fitness center has cardio equipment and free weights
- Spacious lobby has plenty of seating and is a nice spot to congregate
- Housed in a lovely historic building
- Only pricey valet parking
- No pool
- Bathrooms in some rooms are small
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A luxe property with plenty of dining and features
Built in 1926, The Radisson Blu Warwick is a National Historic Landmark, and at one time drew celebrity guests and politicians (Frank Sinatra and Ava Gardner spent a night of their honeymoon here). However, the overall look and vibe is extremely modern and fresh. The large lobby features fun lighting and plenty of seating, and three on-site dining options (including a steakhouse and cute coffee shop) are popular among locals and visitors.
In Center City, just east of Rittenhouse Square Park
The Radisson Blu is on South 17th St, a busy tree-lined stretch that's home to a number of hotels (including the Sofitel and the Palomar, a couple blocks north) near Rittenhouse Square Park. The Shops at Liberty Place mall is a short walk away.
Center City is Philadelphia's commercial and cultural center, and the vast majority of the city's hotels are clustered in this neighborhood. Popular historical sites, including Independence Hall, are located here, as is the Philadelphia Museum of Art (fronted by the stone steps made famous in the Rocky films). The picturesque Rittenhouse Square Park, located in the southwest area of the neighborhood, is surrounded by some of the city's best restaurants and bars. The ornate City Hall, built in 1901, is the second tallest masonry building in the world; its tower is a prominent fixture of the Philadelphia skyline.
- 2-minute walk to to Rittenhouse Square Park
- 4-minute walk to the Shops at Liberty Place
- 12-minute walk to City Hall
- 7-minute drive or 15 minutes by bus to the Pennsylvania Convention Center
- 7-minute drive or 10 minutes by bus to the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- 7-minute drive or 13 minutes by subway to 30th St. Station
- 8-minute drive or 8 minutes by PATCO to Independence National Historic Park (home to Independence Hall, the National Constitution Center, and the Liberty Bell)
- 11-minute drive or 25 minutes by bus to Penn's Landing, a waterfront neighborhood that's home to several historic ships visitors can tour, Adventure Aquarium, and the Independence Seaport Museum
- 13-minute drive or 33 minutes by bus to the Philadelphia Zoo
- 20-minute drive or 34 minutes by train to Philadelphia International Airport
Simple -- but spacious and modern
The in-room decor may not be as inspiring as one would expect in an upscale hotel (picture geometric-patterned carpets and pops of color in the pillows and bed runners), but they are spacious -- with work desks and elegant, leather furniture. Plus, massive flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and free Wi-Fi come standard. Bathrooms are on the small side in some rooms.
Rooms and Rates
A well-equipped fitness center and various dining options
The lobby itself can be considered a feature, as it is a lovely, brightly-lit space with plenty of seating and free Wi-Fi (which is available throughout the hotel). Valet parking, however, is not free and quite pricey. Other spaces for congregating include the cute coffee bar, as well as the steakhouse and elegant Tavern 17 restaurant. There's a well-equipped fitness center but no spa; however, guests can arrange in-room massages.
An on-site American restaurant, plus an upscale steakhouse attached to the property
- The hotel's on-site restaurant, Tavern 17, serves average American food in a low-lit space with wood paneling, wood floors, and cool candle chandeliers. The American food is average, and the continental breakfast looked a little skimpy (fruit, eggs, cereal) and had been pretty thoroughly picked over. But the popular happy hour from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. offers good deals on drinks and appetizers.
- Room service available 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Prime Rib, an upscale steakhouse, is attached to (but unaffiliated with) the hotel
- The Coffee Bar serves fair-trade organic coffee, and is also attached to (but unaffiliated with) the hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103-6179, United States|
|Also Known As||