- Well-executed indigenous design theme in public spaces and guest suites
- Long stretch of beach is quiet and well-kept
- Huge bi-level infinity pool with rock garden and waterfall features
- Large rooms, all with ocean-view balconies and kitchens/kitchenettes
- Tatewari Spa offers innovative therapies and treatments
- Close to village of Bucerias
- All-inclusive or room-only plans available
- Timeshare pitches constant, even on beach
- Quite a distance to downtown Nuevo Vallarta, longer still to Puerto Vallarta
- Internet fees
- Only one restaurant serving dinner, not worth all-inclusive price
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Nicely designed in Spanish Colonial style, this resort revolved around the ocean views and amazing pool.
This resort is far from everything -- the airport, Puerto Vallarta, even Nuevo Vallarta -- at the literal end of the road. So it's good if you really want to get away, bad if you want to leave the property.
The eight-story tan buildings are designed in Spanish Colonial style, ornamented with blue-tile domes, red-tile roofs, and exposed wood beams. Buildings form a U shape facing the Bay of Banderas and flanking a central garden courtyard and a huge, gorgeous infinity pool. They all face the beach and sea on the northern shore of Bahia Banderas, so you'll get a great view no matter which room you stay in.
The lobby is open and bright, with nothing flashy about the décor except a pair of Huichol yarn paintings, one on each wall, facing each other across the lobby. These works are quite impressive, as are the hotel’s meticulously manicured gardens. Less impressive are the timeshare sales offices both off the lobby and down close to the beach, on the ground floor of one wing.
The hotel’s restaurant, Bellavista, is open-air, overlooking the beach. The copper bar inside the restaurant entrance is a good-looking piece of design work. A pizza oven works poolside, close to the beach, from mid-day on, and various snacks and beverages can be had from a couple of strategically situated bars.
As north in Nuevo Vallarta as possible, far from really anything -- good for those who plan to stay at the resort
This resort is a bit of a ways from Puerto Vallarta -- it's about 15 minutes from the airport by car and roughly 25-minutes from Puerto Vallarta. It's closer to the village of Bucerias, which is only a mile away, than it is to downtown Nuevo Vallarta.
This northernmost stretch of Nuevo Vallarta is still under development, and so, along with some half-built hotel towers, empty lots, and other not-so-pretty signs of ongoing development along the way, you’ll find lush green jungle right across the road. Other than the other hotels nearby--and there are several--beyond the beach there is not much here except the road to there.
- 15-minute drive to airport
- 5-minute drive to Bucerias
- 25-minutes drive to Puerto Vallarta
Large rooms with great ocean views and kitchens
The suites, divided into four categories, are all light, airy, and spacious with plenty of thoughtful design details. The rooms feature tan marble floors and bathrooms, contemporary Mexican-style furniture in bright colors like oranges, blues, and yellows, and 27-inch flat-screen televisions. Wood-paddle ceiling fans offer a cooling alternative to the suites' air conditioning.
While the rooms are divided into four categories, all of them have private balconies with gorgeous ocean views (except those on the ground floor, where the terraces are semi-private, screened by plantings). They all also have full kitchens or kitchenettes, which is handy since there isn't much in the way of restaurants near the resort, and the hotel itself only has one real dinner option.
- Large rooms with beautiful design
- Large marble baths with shower/tub combo or jet tub
- Balconies with great ocean views (except ground floor, which have ground terraces)
- Kitchenettes or full kitchens in all rooms
- 27-inch flat-screen TVs
- 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom suites available
- Fees for Internet and phone usage
- Free purified water
- Lavarino toiletries
Rooms and Rates
The massive two-level infinity pool with a waterfall feature might be the best in the area.
- Long stretch of attractive, quiet beach
- Tatewari Spa offers extensive selection of innovative treatments, including water hydrotherapy
- Tennis courts
- Well-equipped, air-conditioned fitness center
- La Palmita Market sells groceries and houses a deli
- Gorgeous bi-level infinity pool with waterfall
- Bellavista Restaurant and Bar serves three meals a day
- Beachside Pizza Bar serves light fare late morning to early evening
- La Palmita Market & Deli sells groceries
- Golf, tons of water sports, and yoga classes
- Arcade, game room, pool table
- Medical center
- View full list of amenities
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||Paseo Cocoteros 750 Sur, Condominio Maestro Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico|
|Phone||52 (322) 226-1400|