Oyster Hotel Photos
Customers Who Viewed Hotel Parador Resort and Spa Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
A big, family-friendly resort with a unique design and great views
Hotel Parador Resort and Spa
This 108-room hotel is popular and well-known in the Manuel Antonio region, in part because of its size. Parador is the type of sprawling resort that many travelers think of when they think about a tropical vacation. There's a central pool area overlooking the ocean, where families and couples alike lounge and splash about, sip cocktails at the swim-up pool bar, and enjoy lunch at the casual poolside restaurant. Next to the pool is an activities desk, where staffers will help set up day trips and excursions, from zip-lining to surf lessons (and everything in between). Not that hanging around the hotel is bad, with its tennis court, three pools, small mini golf course, and a relaxing spa.
The hotel has a fun, distinct style -- you may feel like you're wandering through a sprawling Spanish hacienda as you roam around the property (think terracotta-tiled roofs, colorful porcelain tiles, and wooden furniture). The expansive lobby is dark and cavernous, dotted with miscellaneous knick-knacks, like suits of armor, wooden wagons, and a glass-encased wooden ship. The restaurants and bars are outfitted in the same style, with brick-colored ceramic floors, wooden beams, and playful objects like colorful wooden roosters.
In 2008 the hotel opened its Parador Suites building. A fairly long walk from the main building (especially in the heat), Parador Suites offers 32 bigger, more contemporary rooms (all are suites, as the name suggests). The building also has its own pool, reception desk and concierge, small meeting room, and restaurant.
Rooms vary and are split among two main buildings. Some have great views.
Rooms are split among the main, original building and the newer Parador Suites building (opened around 2008). Some rooms in the original building have stunning views, but overall the rooms here are somewhat simple and unexciting. In contrast, the newer suites at Parador Suites are big, bright, and very contemporary, with a 42-inch flat-screen TV, a big terrace with a hot tub, and stylish open-layout bathroom area.
All rooms in original building include:
- 21-inch tube TV
- No Internet
Room types in original building:
- Garden Rooms: King or two queen beds; low down, close to pools and restaurants
- Jungle Rooms: King or two queen beds
- Superior Rooms: King or two queen beds
- Premium Rooms: Perched high in the Premium Building with great views; two queen beds
- Premium Plus Rooms: One floor above the Premium Rooms; king bed
All rooms in Parador Suites building include:
- 42-inch flat-screen TV
- Terrace with a hot tub and amazing view
- Easy access to an adults-only pool, separate concierge, and La Fragata Restaurant & Tapas Bar
- Free Wi-Fi
Room types in Parador Suites building:
- Las Suites: King bed
- Pacifico Suites: Two bedrooms with king beds
- La Vista Master Suite: Two bedrooms with king beds
- Presidential Suite: Three bedrooms with king beds and three bathrooms
A spa, a tennis court, and two main pools
Swim-up pool bar
- Pacifica Spa with five treatment rooms and a relaxation pool
- Free Wi-Fi in public spaces
- Two connected family pools with infinity edges, plus another adults-only pool at the Parador Suites building. The main pool area has a swim-up pool bar and a casual poolside restaurant.
- Free shuttle to the beach, a five-minute ride away; the shuttles run every 1.5 to two hours
- One tennis court with free racquet rentals (although the racquets are very old, so you may want to bring your own)
- 24-hour fitness center
- Two-hole mini golf course for kids
- Activities desk can arrange tours and activities such as a walking tour through Manuel Antonio National Park, surf lessons, rafting, zip-lining, horseback riding, and more.
- Concierge available daily 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Room service from La Galeria available from 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Computer stations
- Washers and dryers (they're self-serve, though the hotel will do your laundry for a fee)
- Free lending library of books
- A .65-mile hiking trail that winds from the lobby, through a forest, to the nearby edge of a cliff
- Meeting room with seating for eight is available at Parador Suites
- Conference room that can fit up to 64 people
Several restaurants and bars, though La Galeria serves three meals a day and is the hotel's main eatery
Bar Don juan
Inside the main building, La Galeria Restaurant offers a sprawling breakfast buffet (free for guests), and diners can enjoy their breakfast either inside or outside on a wrap-around porch. Later in the day, the restaurant is also opened for lunch and dinner, during which it's the hotel's most formal option.
- El Quixote focuses on Latin American cuisine using local ingredients. A hand-carved wood bar adds to the ambiance. Open for dinner only 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- El Galeon Pool Bar & Terrace Restaurant serves casual, poolside fare from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- La Fragata Restaurant & Tapas Bar is a poolside restaurant in the newer Parador Suites building. In the high season, it serves a full menu from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. In the low season, you can order food from the pool bar. A great place to catch sunset views.
- Sushi Fune is an outdoor sushi restaurant one terrace down from La Galeria. Only open during dry season.
- Bar Don Juan is a piano lounge attached to La Galeria. It has both indoor and outdoor seating.
- Sancho Panza Bar is a one-room lounge with a pool table and flat-screen TV.
A sprawling resort in an area of mostly boutique-sized hotels, Hotel Parador is a relaxed, family-friendly property perched high above the ocean. It's not particularly luxurious or upscale (though we love the newer rooms in the Parador Suites building), but it keeps guests happy with several restaurants and bars, three pools, a tennis court, a relaxing spa, and great ocean views.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Hotel Parador Resort and Spa
- PO Box 284, Quepos, Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
- Garden Room
- Jungle Room
- Las Suite
- La Vista Master Suite
- Pacifico Suite
- Premium Plus Room
- Premium Room
- Presidential Suite
- Superior Room