Pearl South PadreSouth Padre Island, Texas, United States
- Nice location on a quiet stretch of beach
- Simple rooms with private balconies and beautiful gulf views
- Huge pool and ample lounge chairs next to the ocean
- Rooms offer flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and mini-fridges
- Spacious condos are also available
- Full-service Sapphire Spa with lovely beachfront setting
- Inconsistent quality between condos and hotel rooms
- Mold issues due to subtropical location near the ocean
- Slippery floors in lobby due to humidity on tile surface
- Limited equipment in fitness center
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Comfortable, high-rise hotel flanking a pretty beach
The Pearl South Padre is located on the southern tip of the island on a pretty beach. This relaxing environment is enhanced by a lagoon-like outdoor pool and seasonal swim-up bar. Kids also have their own separate outdoor pool. The beach here is cleaner and quieter than other locations on the island, but many guests choose to stay by the pool for poolside drink service. The scene here is a relaxed one, as guests soak up the sun and enjoy a variety of water sports.
On the southern end of the hotel sprawl beside a quiet stretch of beach
The Pearl South Padre's location on the southern end of the island makes it feel somewhat quieter than other options in the middle of the hotel sprawl. It is also close to local restaurants, although a car is required to reach them. The long, scenic driveway leading in to the property requires a 7 minute walk before even reaching the main road. The towering Pearl South Padre is hard to miss, as it's the first building to notice upon crossing in from the mainland on the Queen Isabela Causeway.
- 63-minute-drive to Rio Grande Valley International Airport
- 15-minute-walk to Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
- 8-minute-drive to Port Isabel Lighthouse & Museum
- 11-minute-drive to South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center
- 11-minute-drive to Sea Turtle, Inc.
- 12-minute-drive to South Padre Island Convention Center
- 45-minute-drive to Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
Simple rooms with wonderful views from private balconies
Spacious rooms feature wonderful views of the Gulf of Mexico from private balconies that are equipped with lounge chairs. Many rooms have been recently renovated and feel fresh and clean, although there have been some complaints of dampness or mold issues as a result of South Padre's near constant humidity and subtropical climate. Condos feature multiple bedrooms and decor can vary dramatically.
- Private balconies with patio furniture
- Some rooms face the beach and sea.
- Spacious bathrooms with granite countertops and tile floors
- Free Wi-Fi
- Comfortable beds
- Large flat-screen TVs
- Coffeemakers with Starbucks coffee
- In-room mini-fridges
- Condos can vary widely in quality and newness.
- Condos are spacious and good for families.
A sprawling swimming pool, a spa, and small fitness center
A good lobby restaurant and bar, and seasonal poolside service
- Beachside Bar & Grille serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a casual atmosphere. It offers indoor or outdoor patio seating overlooking the beach.
- Palapa Bar & Grill (seasonal) serves light fare, and has swim-up bar and poolside drink service.
- Room service until late
- Several good restaurants nearby
Customers Who Viewed Pearl South Padre Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
"Spring break" means very different things to different people. For all, it's a chance to get away from daily obligations…
An "island getaway" doesn't necessarily translate into washing up on the shores of the Caribbean. Plenty of other islands in…
Things You Should Know About Pearl South Padre
Address310 Padre Boulevard, Texas Gulf Coast 78597, United States
- Deluxe Rooms
- King Parlor Suites
- Luxury King Parlor Suites
- One Bedroom Condominium
- Premier Rooms
- Two Bedroom Condominium